Thursday, June 12, 2008

Jeremiah 29:11

I've slowly started teaching Ben some Bible verses (John 3:16 was the first) and the most recent one he's learned (for the most part) is Jeremiah 29:11. It is my very favorite verse in the Bible and one that I hope will really mean something to him as he grows up. It is always a comfort to me whenever I don't understand God's timing (or when it doesn't align with mine!) or when I'm experiencing a difficult circumstance in my life. It reminds me that God's plan is SO much better than my own and that, if I'm willing to trust Him, the outcome (and what I'll learn along the way) will be so much better than anything I could have hoped or dreamed of in my own little head (and that's been proven to me time and time again!). I'm sure Ben doesn't understand what this verse will mean in his life just yet, but learning and knowing the words is the first step, right?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

On another note, my buddy had a fever on and off throughout the day today, but after some Motrin, he was back to being Mr. Smiley. I just love his little smile and can't get enough of it. :)

7 comments:

the cunningham family said...

Poor guy with a fever, those are not fun. But I do love the Bible verses he can say! You are right, the words are definitely the first step. He is such a smart little boy!
So, you saw my blog, I caved under pressure! :) It is fun and my mom is so excited about it.

Anonymous said...

oh, that is a great smile. It makes me smile! I just love him so much.

The Sommermeyers said...

I love how he kind of sung "future" the second time! He's such a cutie!!

ZFam said...

love the quoting! great idea...i think I need to start doing that with Alexa!

And that second picture...love his smile and sweet pink cheeks. I don't blame you for not getting enough of it! It's perfect!=)

Katie said...

Everytime I see him it makes me smile. That little smile could melt even the coldest person's heart! I am just amazed at his memory with those verses. And I agree with what someone else commented, he definately sings the ending! Too cute! I was just thinking the other day about all those "Psalty" tapes we used to have. Do you remember those? I wonder if they are on CD now? They were great for memorizing Bible verses. I'll have to check it out at Berean one of these days. I wish you guys lived closer so we could get our boys together. But I am glad we can watch them grow up on the blogs. The power of technology! =o)

Abby said...

You are such a great mom, Ali! Ben is going to continue growing up such a cool kid, grounded in his faith. I'm glad that he is feeling better. It's NO fun when they're sick!

Samantha said...

Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest thing! What a great idea to work on Bible verses like that. I melt when Quinn talks about Jesus or the Bible. I can't imagine hearing him recite Scripture! Thanks for posting video of it!