Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Good buddies

It is such a blessing for Ben to have his good little buddy, Nate, right next door. As you've probably noticed, I talk about our pals, the Hurrle's (KK, Donnie, and Nate), a lot. They are just good kids and the kind that you actually want your kid to be around because you know they won't hear anything bad (plus we like their parents too!). Ben had a fun couple of hours tonight hanging out with Nate at our house. Ben LOVES to hug people, but it seems he REALLY likes to hug Nate. Half the time he hugs him too hard and knocks him right over. The other half of the time he'll go straight for the neck and squeeze just a little too hard (sorry, Nate!). Oh, and at his b-day party when Nate was getting ready to leave, Ben gave him a big hug and a kiss...right on the lips. I guess we need to work on when that is appropriate. Oh well...at least he's a loving little guy, right? :)

Watching about one minute of The Wiggles video before getting bored and heading back to the deck to splash each other with pool water and pretend they were pirates on top of the slide. :)

One of Ben's hugs...I think Nate might actually have liked this one! :) I decided not to post the one that looked like Ben was putting Nate in some kind of choke hold.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! It's neat to see your kids build relationships with other kids, isn't it? That is hysterical about the hug and kiss on the lips! I love it!

the cunningham family said...

Don't you love when they are old enough to have good friends. I remember lots of things at that age and it all revolved around friends. Such good memories they have to look back on!

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable. it is nice to hug friends. He is a loving little man.

Katie said...

Just trying out a comment with my URL, I knew you wouldn't care! =o) Ben is adorable as always!

MP said...

so sweet that he has a buddy! that is cute he likes the wiggles..Cade loves the wiggles..it is the only show he will watch!!

the deKorne family said...

Sweet boy-can't wait to see him EITHER! And I love that you are always the first to comment. It's things like that that are why I've kept you around for 10 years. :) I love you and am counting the days until the pictures on our blog are of each other!!

Abby said...

I love this post...it made me giggle out loud for about 10 minutes! Tell Ben it is perfectly ok to kiss on the lips. :)

And stop harassing me about my blog! I have two draft posts and will update it at least 3 times this weekend...promise! :)

Love you!