Monday, June 30, 2008

I love Michigan...

...because two of my very best friends live there and I got to see them both this weekend! Mike, Ben and I traveled to Grand Rapids this weekend to visit Mark, Heidi and Ava and got a special bonus by getting to see April for a bit too! We had a blast and LOVED hanging out with our friends! They live on a river and the guys had fun fishing all weekend...they caught a TON of fish and Mike was loving it. It was so fun to see Ava in person again. She is quite possibly one of the cutest little baby girls I know. She talks non-stop and it's adorable.... "Hi"... "Bye".... "Mommy".... "Dada"..."Puppy".... etc... and she learned "Bubba" this weekend because that's what I kept calling Ben. It was cute to hear her repeat what I said. I miss her already! Ben LOVED her toys...even though 99% of them were pink. :) It is so nice to spend time with good friends and to just relax and eat good food and laugh...a lot. We love you guys...thank you for letting us come visit!
April, Heidi and me
Isn't she SO cute?! I love this outfit on her. She really liked Ben's cup and we'd find her walking around with it chugging away. Ben didn't mind. :)
Ok, I know this collage is ridiculous, but I couldn't narrow down which ones to post! You'll obviously have to double-click on it to make it bigger so you can actually see our faces..sorry!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun and lots of food!! Heidi and Ava are both adorable! I didn't know you got to see April too--that was a full, busy probably too-fast weekend! Can't wait to see all of you in a couple days!!

Anonymous said...

By the way, this time thing on this blog is way off--it says I posted this at 5:45 and it is almost 8:00 here so this website must be on California time!!

the deKorne family said...

so did you guys do anything but take pictures?

MP said...

great collage! I seriously need to learn how to do that. I spend way too much time trying to figure out which ones to post. Looks like you guys had alot of fun..

Oh..Cade has that straw sippy Ben has..is it just me or is it REALLY hard to drink from?

Abby said...

So cute...you are a picture maniac! I am glad you got a picture of Ava in the shirt i got her...Heidi keeps saying she will send me one, but no.

I am glad you had so much fun, I wish Nate and I could have been there, too.

Ben and Erin said...

Visiting with your friends is the best! :) Looks like you had a lot of fun. You and Heidi are both so beautiful! I agree Ava is so cute too. Ben looks like he had a blast. So fun! All the pictures are great!

Katie said...

How fun! I love the collage, I know exactly what you mean about not being able to choose from a few shots. Ben looks so proud with his fish! That thing is about as big as he is! Ava is adorable, I love all the pink and bows.

Abby said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Too bad we couldn't hook up at all...maybe next time :) Love that picture of Ben and Ava kissing!

ZFam said...

Whoa! Check out Ben giving Ava a big old SMOOCH!! What out...he's gonna be a Ladies-Man!!
And, Love his expression in his carseat in that last one...so cute! I just get excited (at whatever he's so excited about!) by looking at it!!=)

Looks like a fantastic weekend!!

the cunningham family said...

Looks like you and your friends had a wonderful weekend. IT is so nice to catch up with your favorite friends. Ben is adorable and so is Ava. I love the one of him giving her a kiss! So cute! Glad you enjoyed your time in Michigan! Ben also looks like he really had fun fishing with Daddy too! :)

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Michigan is a beautiful place... especially the west side of the state. I have lived here most of my life and still find new places that I can't believe are in Michigan. Growing up in Flint and working in Detroit kind of ruin all the beautiful lakes and rivers that we have... not to mention the nasty winters. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun though. Take care-