Monday, June 9, 2008

What do you do on a 90+ degree day?

Play in the sprinkler and pool, of course! Ben had fun playing outside today with all of the neighborhood kids, but mostly Nate and Donnie. It was a scorcher, so Ben was loving a cold blast from the sprinkler or a bucket of cool pool water dumped over his head. :) I always laugh when I see him beside other kids (especially without his shirt on), because I'm reminded of how tiny he is. You can see his ribs in almost every picture. I promise we feed him. I did add in a photo of him taking a bite of his mac and cheese today (thanks, Monique!), because it's a rare sight when he actually takes enough interest in his meal to take the initiative to put it in his mouth (pathetic, I know!). Oh...and the last shot just made me laugh. He had eaten a blue popsicle that stained his hands, belly and face. His face is still blue and that was 10 hours ago. :) I love summer!

It's been awhile since I posted a video, so I thought I would share a short one that highlights the fun Ben had outside today (for some reason the quality of the video isn't very good though, but you get the idea). Nate and Donnie loved dumping buckets of water from their pool on Ben. He was a really good sport and actually liked the thrill of the chase, I think! :)

3 comments:

the cunningham family said...

I love summer also! Ben looks like he had an awesome day with his friends. He is such a cutie! I am glad you are having nice weather, IL is so unpredictable right now, very overcast today. Oh well. Hey, is that your swingset in the video? We have the exact same one...Sam's right? Colin loves it!

Anonymous said...

The video made me laugh right along with him! He is sooo cute! He makes for a very good water dumping subject since he takes it like a man. =o) Holden is the same way with size and eating, we seriously do dances and crazy stunts some days to get him to eat! What's the deal? I love my food! At least they're easier to carry.....;o)

Ben and Erin said...

Great pictures! Looks like Ben is having so much fun. He is just too cute! :) That's great that you have neighborhood kids to play with too. We are enjoying the beach and I hope to post some pics tomorrow. I agree, summer is the best! :)