Saturday, June 14, 2008

To our dads...

Just like I did for our moms on Mother's Day, I wanted to pay a little tribute to our dads on Father's Day. We are so blessed to have two great dads! Ben loves his Pops (my dad) and his Papa (Mike's dad) a whole lot. There are unique things about both of them that make us smile.

My dad is just plain funny. Whenever we are around him he makes us laugh with something goofy he says or does. I've always known how much he loved me because he's really good at showing it...usually trying to hug and kiss me...even if I'm not always good at receiving it! There has never been a doubt in my mind that he thinks I'm the best (of course he's not biased or anything...ha ha!). It always makes me feel good though. Ben loves when Pops calls him "Benji" and makes silly faces at him or tickles him. He loves going to Pops house to swim in the pool and go on walks around the neighborhood.

My father-in-law watches Ben every Friday, so they have formed a special relationship. Papa has many nicknames for Ben too, like "Pumpkin Head" and "Dudey" (not sure of the spelling on that one?!). Ben loves playing with Papa because he is ALWAYS willing to do what he asks (or demands in some cases)...even if it involves climbing inside the Thomas ball pit or running around the basement hunched over for 45 minutes pushing the popcorn toy chasing him! I'm convinced he's still a kid in a man's body. :) He is a great father-in-law and has made me feel loved from the very beginning of my relationship with Mike. I know Mike loves and respects him a whole lot.

So, to our dads, thank you SO much for all that you do for us. You are both pretty special and we love you lots. We appreciate your love and advice over the years. Ben is so lucky to have you both. Happy Father's Day!

We love you, Pops!
We love you, Papa!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Awww! So cute! I don't think your dad has changed much over the years! He looks like the same old Al to me. And your husband's dad??? Are you sure he's a grandpa??? That picture of him with Ben on his back...doesn't look like any grandpa I've ever seen! =o) Hope you are feeling better. On a side note, how do you get more than one collage in the same post? Would've saved me a lot of posts today! Hee hee! Hope all the dads in your life have a great Father's Day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Ali! Just as you said, you know how much I love you, Mike, and Ben! Can't wait to see you in July!!