Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Camping at Mohican!

We spent the past two nights camping in the Mohican State Park (about an hour and a half south of where we live) with five other families from church. It was lots of fun, even with all the rain! A little muddy, but we survived. I am amazed at how much stuff it requires to go camping for two nights. The back of our vehicle was pretty full....tent, three sleeping backs, sleeping pads, cooler, fishing poles, hiking shoes, extra clothes, stuff for cooking over the fire, lawn chairs, etc!! It looked like we were going out of town for a week or more. This was Ben's first camping experience and he LOVED every minute of it. He slept great in his sleeping bag and even took a good nap in the tent yesterday afternoon. We went hiking, fishing, and rafting...along with all the other fun camp stuff like...eating s'mores and roasting hot dogs, of course!

Here's all the kiddos...minus Donnie and Nate (they were napping). Ben would barely stand still, let alone smile. Oh well...pretty typical. :)
.
And all the big kids (minus the Hurrle's...Don was napping with Donnie and Nate and Monique took the picture.)

Here's the Hurrle's on our rafting trip....thought they needed a little blog press since they missed out on the previous picture. :)
That's us....Ben loved the rafting trip!
Ben and Mommy in the river.
Ben and Daddy fishing....they didn't catch anything...bummer!
Of course, you know me, I took a TON more pictures than what's shown here. So, for my pals on the trip who'd like to see the rest...just click here.

6 comments:

the deKorne family said...

AWESOME! I am so happy the weather cooperated and you had fun. Can't wait to see you, hope we measure up. :)

Katie said...

Ohhhh, it looks like so much fun!! And might I add you are quite possibly the only person I know who makes camping look glamorous! You are adorable in every picture! Glad you had such a good time. I checked out your extra pics and I love the one of you and Ben with your tongues out! And the ones of him and his Daddy in the tent are so sweet. I was wondering what had happened to you...the only person who checks blogs as frequently as me! =o)

the cunningham family said...

It looks like so much fun! I agree with Katie, you look so clean while you were camping. Ben is having so many fun experiences already. You guys seem like awesome parents. I love that he brought his cars with him. Do you have to bring them everywhere? It seems like we can't leave the house without a bag full of cars. Colin has many backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. that he uses to carry them around. Must be the age! :)

Abby said...

Send these pictures of your family to REI. I think you have an excellent shot of getting on another billboard.

Too cute! Glad you had fun...

Ben and Erin said...

These pictures are great! I know exactly what you mean about all the things you have to take. Ben and I couldn't believe how packed our car was. Even though we were gone for 2 weeks, it still was like half our house! :) It looks like you guys had a great time and I'm sure Ben had a blast!

MP said...

looks like you had a ton of fun! I love the picture of you and Ben by the water!