Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

I knew, even before we were married, that Mike would be a good dad some day. He had a great example in his dad and he was always anxious, from the start, to have kids. When Ben arrived in May of 2005 he proved me right. He is such a good daddy. He is hands on and loves his buddy almost as much as I do (ha ha! ok, ok...he loves him just as much as I do!). He has never shied away from the dirty work either...changing diapers, giving baths, brushing teeth, making meals, etc. I have always appreciated that about him. If I ever need help, he helps. On top of all of that he's lots of FUN too. He has spent countless hours with Ben... zooming cars, playing in the tent, snuggling, reading books, and chasing! When it's bed time Ben ALWAYS wants Dad because, well, he's no dummy, Daddy let's him get in our bed so that they can snuggle together and watch Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel (that's such a boy thing to do, isn't it?!). There is no doubt that Ben adores his daddy! I love him a lot too and feel blessed to have him alongside me raising Ben. I hope and pray Ben will grow to be a Godly man, just like his Dad!

We love you, Daddy! Happy Father's Day!

I had to add the picture below, in addition to the collage, because I just think it's so sweet of the two of them. This was taken on vacation in Colorado last summer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet....I agree, Mike is a great daddy--fun and silly just what little boys love!! Happy Father's Day, Mike!

the deKorne family said...

I wanted to be your freaky stalker, but someone beat me at 6 am. I'm not willing to wake up that early for the title. :) Ben is so lucky to have such a great Dad and Mom!! Hope you guys are having a great day. We love you and LOVE those pictures! So cute!!

Ben and Erin said...

I love all the collages you put up to honor all the dads. What a great idea! :) Happy Father's Day to Mike! We love keeping up with you guys on the blog and seeing all the cute pictures and things Ben is up to too. :)

the cunningham family said...

Mike definitely looks like he is a great father. You can tell from the pics that Ben definitely loves his daddy! I hope you all enjoyed your day today!

Your mom is so sweet...she commented on my blog how if we lived closer Ben and Colin could be great friends like we were back in Rollingbrook. So sweet of her! :)

Katie said...

Very sweet! I can tell Ben loves his Daddy and the feeling is mutual! =o) You are both obviously doing an awesome job parenting, just look at that smile. What a cool picture of them taking in the view! (at the bottom after the collage)Hope Mike had a great Father's Day with his buddy!

Anonymous said...

oh wow. Now I'm crying here at work. Yes, Michael is an awesome daddy and so is Michael's daddy.
I'm so proud of him.

Samantha said...

I just love your blog: your pics, your comments, etc. Did you really post this one at 3 A.M., though? Thanks for reading and commenting on mine too! I absolutely love hearing from you. I wish I could meet Ben. He seems to be just the sweetest little guy. I'm sure Quinn would LOVE him!