Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Adam!

Today is my brother Adam's 25th birthday. I wanted to give him my traditional b-day blog shout out and tell him how much I love him. I really love and appreciate his personality (even though we are pretty different!). He is quiet, smart, and hard working...a good golfer, a sports lover, and most recently a great daddy! I spent this last week at home in Missouri with him and I was so impressed with his fathering skills! He changed diapers, gave baths, fed her bottles...etc. He was just very hands on and really attentive and loving. It was neat to watch. I remember him asking me when Ben was little (with a look of concern on his face) ..."so, what do you do when he cries?" I knew the thoughts of being a dad and being responsible for another human being scared him, but I also knew he was excited for that day to come for him and that he would do a great job...and he really has/is! Emma loves her Daddy lots already and lights up whenever he talks to her. Aside from being a great dad...he's a wonderful brother to me too! Mike and I love spending time with him and Jenny...and wish we could more often!

Adam, I hope you had a great birthday! I love you and miss you!

P.S. We just got back from Missouri (after visiting my fam....since July 2nd), which is why my blog has been stuck in June for awhile now. I have so many pictures from our time there that it's taking me a while to figure out what I want to post. I'm hoping a series of posts will be done tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay! Ali is back to the blogging world! I missed you! Adam looks exactly the way I remember him, just taller! I can't believe he's a Daddy. I love the close up of him and Emma, sooo sweet! I have heard wonderful things about his wife from Beth. So glad you got to spend time with your family! I can't wait to see more pics!