Saturday, July 12, 2008

Trip to MO (1) - Another b-day party for Ben!

Since we weren't able to visit my family in May, closer to Ben's birthday, my mom decided to throw him a second b-day party during our visit there this week. It was fun for Ben to open more presents and eat more cake! For the past three years we have taken a picture of all of us in party hats around Ben. I thought it would be kind of funny to post those older pictures below too (even though there is at least one person in each of the photos who either isn't smiling, isn't looking at the camera, or just doesn't look happy....you know how it is when you're trying to take a group picture...it's a miracle if everyone looks normal and smiley at once!).

Ben's 1st birthday - May 2006
Ben's 2nd birthday - May 2007
Ben's 3rd birthday - 2008
(poor Emma wasn't digging this photo opp...of course Ben doesn't look too happy either...but he was!)
His party was a "Cars" theme....very appropriate, as there is nothing in the world that he would rather do than "zoom cars"....all day....everyday!

Ben was trying to give Emma some birthday kisses...but I think my mom had just accidentaly poked her in the eye with the party hat....poor thing! Oh well....I still think they are both pretty cute.

He got some more fun presents...a Mizzou football from Uncle Eric, his first computer from Grammy and Pops (LeapFrog), and some cool cars, books and a Land Before Time DVD from Uncle Adam and Aunt Jenny. Oh and my favorite gift...a Bullfrogs and Butterflies CD and a Music Machine CD from Grammy. I used to listen to these records when I was little, so I am excited for Ben to learn the songs too!

Just a short video of Ben opening some presents. He was a "man on a mission" while opening and very meticulous about tearing each piece of wrapping paper and then handing it to Uncle Eric. (Oh and pardon the weird face he makes near the end of the video...he does this ALL the time and I have no idea why. When I ask him... he says it's because he's "excited"...weird! :))

6 comments:

MP said...

I love all these pictures. I could comment on each one, but rather be an annoying poster..I will just say that it looks like you had a very relaxing week! The pictures of Ben and your niece are so so cute..I really could break out into song! :)

Ben and Erin said...

I loved bullfrogs and butterflies too! :) Haha! Ben's bday party looked like a lot of fun and I loved the video too. Looks like a great week!

Abby said...

I love the look back at Ben's birthdays...it's fun to see how he's grown!

Katie said...

The family pics are so fun! We do that too, with my timer and they are always so funny because you never get everyone smiling/looking at the camera. I was cracking up at the video, with him pulling every last piece of paper/ribbon off and his "excited" face!! His little voice is just so cute. My fave picture is the hysterical one of him and his wailing cousin. Priceless! I still can't believe Adam is a dad. Maybe Eric (my Eric) will settle down one of these days....

the cunningham family said...

I love the video of Ben. Colin is the EXACT same way! He always has slowly opened his presents piece by piece and then hands it to me...what is up with that? :) Looks like he had a fun birthday party with your family. I love seeing the pics from the years past. He has gotten so big!

Samantha said...

No way! "Music Machine" is on cd? We had that record too, and I loved it! I'm definitely going to get that for Quinn. I also liked "Bullfrogs and Butterflies". ( : I love all your pictures. Your "collage barrage" is wonderful, and I don't think you need a cure for your "picture-taking illness". With such a cute family, how could you not be that way?! ( :