Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Illinois family!

We traveled to Illinois this weekend to visit my mom's side of the family and to attend my cousin Hayley's wedding. My mom has seven sisters and one brother so, as you can imagine, I have LOTS of aunts, uncles, and cousins to love! We had fun just hanging out for most of the weekend. The drive was a little over seven hours, but Ben was a real trooper. At any given point during the trip, he was either...(a) talking to himself in the backseat, (b) watching his Tom and Jerry DVD and eating Burger King french fries, (c) singing along to the Cat Stevens CD we had playing (I'm serious...his favorite song is "Moonshadow"...he knows a lot of the words and asked for us to put it on repeatedly) or (d) sleeping. Below are LOTS of pictures from our trip...enjoy!
Congratulations, Hayley and Sean! They were actually married a year ago, just before Sean left for Iraq. They finally had their traditional wedding ceremony for friends and family to attend this weekend. Hayley was a beautiful bride and the food at the reception was AWESOME. Do you like the cake topper? :) The pretty bridesmaids, Hayley's sisters, Molly and Leslie. Yes, for those of you who pay attention to detail, we are all three wearing the same exact outfits we wore to the last wedding we attended. Oh well, it was a different crowd and nobody knew that we only own one outfit each that is actually acceptable to wear to a wedding...until now. I never realized that having a blog would force me to reconsider my clothing choices?! :) (Ben was cold and tired in this picture...hence the blanket and the tired eyes!)

3 comments:

MP said...

we also have worn the same outfits to back to back weddings. I mean there is not harm in that is there?!?! Also, way to go Ben on the 7 hour trip..that certainly is a long time in the car.

Samantha said...

We have 4 weddings this summer, and I plan on buying one outfit and wearing the exact same thing, down to the earrings and necklace, to all 4 of them, if I can help it. That gives me an excuse to splurge a little more on that one outfit! (;
So glad Ben got some new balloons, btw! (:

Anonymous said...

Ali!

Benny is so stinkin' cute.
Though you failed to mention that he was a burn victim while at the wedding. Poor guy! :(
I hope his fingers are doing better...and I also hope all that "snuggling in the big building" made him feel better.
I miss you guys already!
Come back soon!
(maybe this summer I can come visit you guys for real?!?!)