Monday, May 26, 2008

Getting ready for the big b-day!

Ninety-nine percent of my day on Saturday was spent slaving over the cake below (and the cookies) for Ben's third birthday party today. If you know me, you know that the last time I made or decorated a cake was exactly a year ago for Ben's second birthday! I'm no Betty Crocker....so, I will admit...I was kind of proud of myself for accomplishing Scooby! I wasn't so sure he would turn out because he was MUCH more complicated than my Elmo cake last year, but I think it actually looks like him. :)
Ben helping me cut out the "Scooby snacks" for his party!
More party pictures coming soon!

9 comments:

The Sommermeyers said...

Wow, I'm very impressed with the cake!! Knowing me, I would have whipped out the wallet before attempting that one!

ZFam said...

Oh, WOW! I am so impressed! That is a true labor of love!!!=)

Ben and Erin said...

Your scooby cake is gorgeous!! I am so impressed! I think the cake and cookies turned out great. I can't wait to see more pictures from Ben's big day!

Abby said...

So VERY impressive, Ali! Wow! And YOU, my friend, are gorgeous :)
Happy birthday Ben!!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Ali! I'm truly impressed that a daughter of mine could be so "Betty Crockerish" :), considering your upbringing! I also agree with Erica--the wallet would have been whipped out at my house! Happy Birthday to sweet Ben again!!

MP said...

um..I would definately say you are pretty much Betty Crocker with that one! So great. It looks like he had a happy birthday!!

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Great job with the cake and scooby snacks. What are you doing around august 28th... I like scooby too. Did you get the books? I hope Ben likes them. Tell marathon Mike I said hey.

Abby said...

Dear Betty,

When I have kids, I am hiring you to make their cakes.

Love,
Abby

Anonymous said...

The cake was beautiful and very tasty :) The best part for me was I got to take care of Benny for a while during the decorating. It seems I never get him alone and this time I did.!! Keep decorating cakes Ali so Nana can play with Benny without Papa....