Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend fun!

We had a fun weekend! On Saturday we headed to Peninsula, Ohio for a bike ride on the Towpath. Ben and I biked about 17 miles, while Mike got his big run in for the week...10 miles (his longest run yet!). He is training for a half-marathon in Cleveland at the end of May and has been diligently following his training plan (right now I max out at under two miles...so I'm really impressed!). It was a really beautiful day and so nice to finally get to do something fun outside! Afterwards we ate at the Winking Lizard...one of our favorite places...yum! :) We headed to Barnes and Noble that evening and Ben got his weekly thrill of playing with the Thomas train table. Today we went to church, took a long family nap, and then went out for ice cream and to the outlet mall with Papa and Nana (Mike's parents). I'm so glad SPRING is finally here!Biker Ben! Aside from his constant (although somewhat endearing) requests to stop the bike so we could throw rocks and sticks in the river and the occasional sticking of his hands up the back of my shirt...he was a great biker!
Please disregard my ugly t-shirt and bad hair...I just thought Ben looked cute in his little seat. :)
I love his smile! :)
Fun with the Thomas train table!
"Going fishing" with Papa at a toy store at the outlet mall.
Ben and Nana...just hanging out!

Ben and Papa having a good laugh!

P.S. I just put Ben to bed as I began working on this post. He's interrupted me about five times now yelling/crying from his bedroom..."I have snots, Mom...wipe them with a Kleenex." Looks like a cold is coming on....great!? I still have to use the little nasal aspirator he had when he was a baby because he can not seem to figure out the whole concept of blowing (when do they learn this?!). He HATES it! As I was just up there using "the nose sucker" on him, as we like to call it, he was crying and sniffing out the words...."Mom, you are making a mistake. You are making a mistake." What in the world...making a mistake?! Of course I had to tell him that I love him and that I'm only trying to help him feel better....but I couldn't help but feel bad for the poor kid in his pathetic, snotty state tonight!

8 comments:

the deKorne family said...

Biked 17 miles?? What? Who does that? I can barely drive 17 miles. Such cute pictures!!!

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Hey Moser family,
This is Jim Stewart from Taylor. I found your site from the Parkers friend list. Anyways, it is awesome to see how your families have grown. I heard you played some semi-pro football too Mike. I played for 3 years before hanging them up. My wife and I just had out first son last weekend - our site is jacobthomasstewart.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. You have a beautiful family - take care.
Stew

Abby said...

Bad hair?! I was honestly thinking that it was so cute! And who cares about an "ugly" t-shirt when you're going for a bike ride? We love biking in the spring/summer too...there's a great trail near us that we love taking the kids on in our bike trailer. Roundtrip it's about 12 miles...not quite 17, but still a good trip :)
I hope Ben feels better soon!

-Kelly said...

you look cute even when you exercise... I'm thoroughly disgusted and jealous at the same time... :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali and Mike! It was so good to hear from you. I'm glad you have been checking out our blog. Ben was really glad to see how you guys were doing too! Ben is such a cutie. Our nephew is the same age as Ben, so we know you are busy! :) We are excited to keep in touch with you guys through the blogs.

MP said...

okay..i was going to reitterate (sp?)what everyone else said how cute you looked in your picture with Ben!
He says the cutest things..I wish you could video tape them and add them. I can't wait for Cade to be that age and saying fun little things..I think this is why people start writing books!

ZFam said...

Hi Ali! Got your message on our blog and just came over to check out yours! I laughed and laughed at Ben's comments about the snot and you making a mistake. (Okay, still laughing!) I LOVE all the funny things they say!

And, I definitely remember you--not that we knew each other, but you look very familiar and I recognized you in a heartbeat. Although, I think you somehow (which I wouldn't have thought was possible!) managed to get even more beautiful since Taylor! You are seriously ADORABLE!!!!=) (And, like the others said, YOU are not allowed to comment on bad hair and t-shirts....PAAALEASE! I would have looked like I just got out of a pool (from sweat=) if I had biked 17 miles!

Anonymous said...

64349.....34201