Thursday, April 10, 2008

Home in Missouri

We flew into St. Louis yesterday afternoon and got to meet baby Emma! I loved holding her and seeing Adam and Jenny with her. She is adorable and SO tiny! I have never seen a baby with legs that skinny....but I loved them! I guess that's what happens when your dad is 6'5 and 175 lbs! :) I took lots of pictures, but won't be able to upload them until I get home on Sunday (I forgot the cord for my camera.) Ben was more interested in Emma's baby toys and crib than in actually meeting her. I did get a few cute pictures of the two of them together. He was holding her and she was asleep, but then she moved and he said with a surprised look on his face, "Mommy, she is moving!" Maybe he thought she was just a doll or something? :) I'm so glad that Ben finally has a cousin! I love all my cousins so much, I'm just glad he'll have a buddy to love too!

Anyway, it is pouring down rain outside, so maybe we will just stay in our pj's inside all day today. Ben is having fun playing with Grammy (my mom) right now....they are playing a lovely song (???) on the piano as I type this. My mom said something about taking Ben to Wal-Mart for a little adventure today?! You know you've arrived in Farmington, Missouri when the fun thing to do is head to Wal-Mart!

Seeing and holding Emma yesterday brought back all the memories from when Ben was a newborn. I can't believe how fast time has gone by and that he will be three years old in a little over a month! Below are some oldies, but goodies, of Ben when he was Emma's age! I can't wait to have another little one...I just have to keep reminding myself that God's timing and plan is better than my own. Why is that so hard to get?

2 comments:

Abby said...

Ah, little Ben. He's grown up so fast!

Glad you're having fun at home. I am lonely and bored without everyone this week!

Love you.

April Gann said...

You forgot to mention that you were all so picture perfect after Ben's birth that they made you a billboard.