Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bye, bye balloon!

Well, tonight we had some drama in our house over a helium balloon. Ben's great grandma, Angy, brought him a Dora helium balloon last week that was leftover from a family birthday party. He loves balloons and has been "playing" with it all week (carrying it around, hitting us in the head with it, etc). Today we made the mistake of taking the balloon outside and well, the inevitable happened....he let go! Below is the whole traumatic event caught on film... :)

"Gosh, I love my balloon. This is so fun."

"Dad, when is my balloon coming back?" (Can you see it WAY up there?)
So long, Dora...
"Come baaaaaaack!"
The realization that the balloon is actually gone for good!

Sorry, this video is a little over a minute long, and please excuse the big cough at the end, but I just got a kick out of his thought process. :)

8 comments:

the deKorne family said...

oh my gosh, tragic and hilarious all at the same time. i laughed so hard! sadly, the same thing happened to me last week...our balloons are together with jesus. video more video more!

Anonymous said...

Grammy would go get a dozen Dora balloons if I could! Poor thing! Life is sweet and simple when a Dora balloon is so well-loved!!

April Gann said...

I agree with Grammy. I was wondering if I could overnight ship a balloon to Benny. He is so incredibly sharp and I love how he connects everything he knows about the sky and heaven to bring back his balloon.

The Sommermeyers said...

oh my gosh that video was so precious!! what a sad way to learn one of life's simple lessons
:(

Abby said...

How precious is that video?! I especially love the crying picture...in a weird sort of way :)

Samantha said...

Hi Mosers! Sorry it's taken me awhile to comment. I've loved seeing your blog and your darling little guy, whose name I also love, by the way (it's one of our top choices for another baby). That video is so cute, I could hardly take it. I remember my niece's first experience with "balloon loss". It's horrible. (: It's great that you caught that on video to have as a memory of his adorable thought process!

Anonymous said...

ali i went to the card store and got him a dora balloon and a thomas the tank engine balloon and they will be waiting for him at debby's house tomorrow night for benny. tell him i love him and hated seeing him in so much pain, so hopefully he will feel better. see ya soon.

Anonymous said...

Ali, that video made me cry! Poor little Ben...he was so sad about the Dora balloon. I'm so glad that your Aunt Beth came to the rescue.

I loved how he said that he doesn't want to balloon to be with Jesus anymore...so precious. He is such a doll...thanks for sharing your blog with me.