Thursday, April 17, 2008

How can you resist a face like this?

So, I haven't really said much yet about the canine member of the family - Lucy, our almost four year old boxer. Whenever we found out I was pregnant with Ben, Mike insisted that we buy a puppy right away. He claimed that it was child abuse to not have a dog and he wanted to have time to train her before Ben arrived. She is a VERY loving dog and loves to find any excuse to sit on you, lean on you, or have a paw on you at all times...even when you would prefer she didn't. I've never known a dog who likes to be under blankets and covers like she does...she loves to be warm. If you can't find her, you can bet she is standing above the heat vent in our kitchen wrapped up in the curtain to keep warm. She's weird, but we love her. Ben refers to her as "Sissy Lucy" and all I have to say is, if she can take the abuse she's recieved from him, she's a keeper (ear pulling, smacking, being crashed into with the Tonka truck, and so on!) .Ben and Lucy when he was 3 months old. :)
Checking each other out (Ben is 4 months old in this one).
Ben and Lucy playing a fun game of "I'm going to kick you and then you're going to gnaw on my leg and make me laugh..." Doesn't it look like fun?
Look at her...she's laying on his lap, UNDER the covers...like she's some kind of baby or doll?! She even looked at me and posed for this picture. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Lucy!