Thursday, September 16, 2010

A tooth, the park, and a "new" room...

Yep, it's another one of those mish mosh posts.

Benny lost his first tooth this week! Last time we went to the dentist she said that he was just a few months away from losing his bottom two and she was right. I thought five seemed a little young to be losing teeth...but I guess it's normal. I guess he'll be the only Kindergartner next year with big guy teeth!? He lost it during his flag football game and he yelled from the field "Hey mom, did you see what just happened? I lost my tooth!" and then he had to have Coach Daddy find it somewhere in the grass! The tooth fairy was pretty generous this time...but she'll defiinitely be cutting back for all future teeth (in order to avoid going broke!). :)

Here is the cute guy holding his tooth and showing off the "hole" in his mouth.
Sweet, sleepy, snuggle bug...
We headed to the park today and had some fun. Nattie shut her eyes while Grammy was pushing her on the swing and honestly would have fallen asleep (it was nap time) if we hadn't moved on to something else.
My little tree huggers. :)
I mentioned awhile back that we had moved Natalie into a big girl bed in preparation for Andy's arrival...since he is using her (and Ben's) old crib. I really didn't feel like repainting her room, so I tried to find bedding that matched the current wall colors and then just added a few other cheap touches to make it work. I found her bedspread on clearance at PB Kids (it was the last one and didn't even have a single matching sham left...so it was a great price!). Grammy made a sham and some curtains for under $20 with material I picked out to match (pink with white polka dots) and I purchased a few inexpensive "accessories" from Target...the owl picture , pillow, and wall stickers. Everything else in her room stayed pretty much the same, but I thought it turned out cute for my "big" girl.
Here she is snoozing in her bed right after she fell asleep tonight (at 6:45 pm!).

8 comments:

Nana Kim said...

Nice job on the room Ali and Denise. It looks professional!!

Abby said...

Cute room! I knew that owl wasn't there before...

Glad you got out for some fresh air and playtime with your big kids. Can't believe Ben has lost his first tooth! And that picture of Natalie almost sleeping in the swing made me laugh. :) Can't wait to snuggle sweet Andy!

The Thebeaus said...

I love the owl room...so cute!!

the deKorne family said...

the kids and room and everything are real cute but i want to talk about that you are wearing regular jeans and cute shirts and look like you never had 3 kids. we might not be friends anymore. or, if i was a bigger person, i'd say, you look FABUlOUS. :)

The Moser Fam... said...

Those are my materinty capri jeans and that yellow top I wore the whole time I was pregnant! I am NOWHERE near fitting into my pre-maternity clothes...especially the pants! Hope we can still be friends!! Love!

Ben and Erin said...

Natalie's room is adorable! I love what you did with it and the bedding is really cute too. What a fun big girl room! :)

Katie said...

The room is so cute! Will Andy and Ben be bunking together? :) You look awesome, Ali!

Katie said...

PS love your new header!