Sunday, September 26, 2010

Another 26.2...

My hubby did it again...he finished his fifth marathon yesterday! This was his third year to do the Akron Road Runner Marathon. He set the bar kind of low for himself this time around, since he didn't feel like he took his training as seriously as he had in the past, but his finish time sure didn't show it. He finished in under four hours! There were 12,000 people running in the race, so it took him three minutes just to get to the starting line once the marathon actually began. I don't know if all marathons do this, but Mike had it set up so that my cell phone would get text messages at different points in the race, so I would know how he was doing. It's really neat and very convenient for me...I simply showed up (with all three kids and Nana in tow) about 25-30 minutes before he was set to cross the finish line...perfect timing. :) Poor guy gets very nauseous and sick after almost every marathon he runs. Luckily, after a few hours, he is back to normal. He's tried everything under the sun to figure out why this happens, but it just seems to be what his body does. Way to go, Mick...you rock! Benny is excited to have yet another race medal to claim as his own. :)
Papa ran on a marathon relay team and caught up with Mike at the end of the race to help him finish strong (moral support!). :)
Oh...and here's just a few pictures that were on my camera from the last few days.
These are a few from after church today...this little girl took a short nap and then decided to get out of bed and terrorize her room. She pretty much emptied every drawer out onto the floor...lovely. Plus, upon entering her room, I was hit in the face with the wonderful scent of poopy diaper...awesome! She's something else...luckily, she's cute. :)
Speaking of my little lady, today Mike burped and Nattie looked at him and said "pig." :) I guess she's heard me call Daddy a "pig" one too many times when he decides to burp or toot (can you tell I have kids?). Oops! :)

3 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

Way to go Mike. I am more impressed than I would have been a week ago!
Natalie and Hannah need to hang out and destroy things together. i think they would enjoy it!

the deKorne family said...

i can't even believe he has knees left. and that picture of andy lying next to natalie is about the cutest thing i've ever seen and i want to reach through the computer and grab him. ugh! SO adorable!

Abby said...

Go Mike! Crazy runner man...

Also, I thought Andy looked a lot like Ben, but then in that picture next to Nattie he looks a lot like her...Andy might be the link between Ben and Natalie! Anyway, they are all precious and I can't wait to see them...and you!