Monday, December 8, 2008

New rooms!

Over the past couple of months we've been working on decorating Ben's new "big boy room" and modifying his "baby" room for his sister. Below are some pictures of both rooms.

Ben picked out this bear bedding at Target and we created the rest of the room around it. I really love the way it turned out. My mom made the "Ben" pillow, small patchwork pillow, fleece throw (at the end of the bed), and the curtain box. She painted the whole room when she visited in October too! The "border" is actually individually painted squares...it's my favorite part! The words on the wall are from one of Ben's favorite books with the same title.
Here is the baby's room! Like I said, this used to be Ben's baby room, so to "girl it up" a bit we added the pink stripe to the wall, a pink sheet, and tried to get rid of some of the more boyish stuff. My mom, again, made the bedding, curtain boxes, small quilt on the wall, etc (all when Ben was born). You probably can't tell from these pictures, but everything is a vintage Pooh bear print. It was neutral enough that it worked for a boy or girl. Finally, I don't think I've officially announced her name until now...but it's going to be Natalie...each letter below has a Pooh character on it. :)

16 comments:

Abby said...

Both rooms are absolutely darling, Ali! You've given me a lot to live up to with our nursery...

I think I might have to fly your mom up to visit me for a few days. :)

Molly Wilkey said...

You are one lucky daughter. They are adorable.

the deKorne family said...

SO CUTE! way to go on the name. :) those rooms are awesome and i'm so jealous your mom can sew!

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

We love your website. Big Ben's room is awesome. He will love that. Your new daughter will love her room too. Great job. Happy holidays guys!

[becca] said...

i absolutely love the name natalie.
it's perfect.
i can't wait to meet her! :)

MP said...

love the rooms. Your mom and you have done such a good job!!

Katie said...

I LOVE the name!!!! Holden's "future wife" (my best friend, Bridget's baby girl) is Natalie. It is so pretty, feminine, and not too common. (And the one student I had with that name was a sweetie!) ;o) The rooms look fabulous. How awesome to have a mom with sewing skills! I love the bear theme and esp. the saying on the walls. Holden loves that book, too.

Ben and Erin said...

I love Ben's new room....so grown up and cute!! :) You guys did a great job and your mom is so helpful. I love how you redecorated Ben's old room too...perfect for your little Natalie. Such a sweet name by the way too. I must have missed that on your blog! Anyway, it was fun to see all that's going on in the Moser house! :)

April Gann said...

Oh, Ali! I LOVE the rooms. How fun to have a room with some pink in it now? And Ben looks totally proud of his! Great work! Can't wait to see Baby Natalie in her crib.

The Samsons said...

I love Ben's room. It looks amazing. and Natalie's room definitely has some girly touches - way to go!

Anonymous said...

Love the rooms Ali!! And the name Natalie is adorable! :)

Courtney said...

So exciting! I love, love, love Ben's room - he must be so proud! Great idea to paint those squares on the wall. Natalie...such a classic name...i love it! Keep us posted, and thanks for sharing these pics :-)

the cunningham family said...

Love the new rooms and also love the name Natalie! Its perfect and so are the rooms! I love that book..the pic with Ben and the book is so cute too! Can your mom come visit me too? She needs to visit some family in El Paso and we are pretty close to that! :)

Abby said...

Cute rooms! I absolutely adore Ben's new big boy room. Your mom is super talented! Can't wait to hear more about little Natalie :)

The Sommermeyers said...

I love the squares around Ben's room. It must have taken forever...but totally worth it!! Thanks for posting pics!

ZFam said...

The rooms look adorable--especially Ben's...since he's obviously so proud of it!! =) Love the bold colors, too!

And, Natalie is beautiful. Timeless. Simply beautiful!