Tuesday, December 16, 2008

30 years of life!

Today is Mike's big day...he turns 30! It sounds so old (only have five more months until I'm there...whoa!). I've known him and loved him for almost a third of his life! Time flies! I just thought I'd let you all go on a "walk down memory lane" with this post. There are a lot (and I mean a lot!) of pictures here from his childhood all the way through our college years together and the early daddy years. He was just such a cute kid...I couldn't cut much out!

Mick, I love you and I love sharing my life with you. You are a WONDERFUL daddy to Ben (and soon Natalie) and you love me, even when I'm a pain (and extremely hormonal...which says a lot!). There are so many things I love about you...the way you put your family first...the pride you take in your coaching and the way you treat the kids...the goofy comments you make that I don't really want to laugh at, but can't help it...the way you treat Benny...your willingness to "put up" with many of my requests (well, at least most of the time)...the way you get over things so quickly...your willingness to admit when you are wrong...and the list goes on! Basically, I like you and I think you're cool. Thanks for being my guy. Hope you have a very, happy 30th!

Here he is as a little guy...lovely 1979 decor! What kid has two mobiles above their crib? :)

Do you see the resemblance between him and Ben in any of these photos?
Some lovely high school and college shots...don't worry, the mohawk didn't last long!
The dating years...

Finally, the daddy years begin...
30 years well spent!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mike!! Hope your day is a great one! Ali's post is great--you are a good husband, daddy, and son-in-law. You've added so much to our family with your goofy sense of humor and fun personality! Have a fun day! We love you! See you soon!

Abby said...

Happy birthday, Mike! I am giggling thinking about all the things you've said that have made me laugh over the years - none of which will be posted here. :) You are a great guy, and I'm so glad you married my friend!

Ali, thanks for the walk down memory lane...It was good to see the walls of 3rd Berg again, and the plaid covered couch. :)

Love you both!

MP said...

Happy Birthday Mike! These are some fabulous photos. How cute are you to do so many collages for him. I hope you guys have a fun time celebrating :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Mike. i cant wait to read all the wonderful things you most definitely will have to say about our ali in may. all kidding aside have a great day.

Karrie said...

Happy 30th Birthday, Mike! Commenting on a blog is a first for us, but we couldn't let this day go by without telling you we are thankful for you and Ali's friendship and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

We are particularly fond of the South Adams t-shirt....you were very well-dressed back in your Taylor days!

Hope you have a great day!

Josh, Karrie & Will

Katie said...

What a cute and fun post! Hope Mike has a happy b-day. I was born in '79, too....YIKES!!!! My 20's days are numbered. =o) I think I had the same "busy box" in my crib. Ha! I always thought Ben looked so much like you, and I know he has your lips, but I could sure see a resemblence to his Daddy in some of those childhood pics. Still praying for Heidi and her baby.

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday Mike! Hope you had a good one...Ali, I was a little scared about 30 too...but so far, it has turned out to be a very good year!

Ben and Erin said...

Happy Birthday Mike! I loved looking back at the pics. Ben remembered the mohak days too! :) Hope you all have fun celebrating!

April Gann said...

Happy Birthday, Mike! Abby and I talked about you on her drive home tonight. She reminded me of all the things you've said to make us laugh...and the fight you got in with Nate after Carrie's wedding. :)
Thanks for loving our friend so much and for being an incredible husband and dad!
Even though you are turning 30 so much before me, I must admit I had the same swing and playpen. Must have been the nursery of champions.
Love you guys!

the deKorne family said...

kind of offended i'm not in any of "the dating years" pictures. i know my hair looked awful on those bench ones, but you didn't have to cut me out. :) love you! happy birthday mikeymo!

Anonymous said...

My Christmas present 30 years ago! Happy Birthday to a terrific son! I love you so much and am so very proud of you.

Katie said...

Just got your Christmas card. So cute! My favorite is Ben with his tongue out to catch snowflakes. =o) I got yours and Annie's on the same day and they are the same card! Too funny. Good luck with the rest of your shopping!