Friday, December 26, 2008

An "old train engine" and some doggie slippers...

We've had a fun Christmas with Ben this year (still more to come!). We celebrated Christmas Eve with Mike's family at his parent's house (Nana and Papa), Christmas morning with just the three of us, then more time with Papa, Nana, Uncle Brad and the rest of his family on Christmas day. We are looking forward to celebrating the New Year with my family (Grammy and Pops), when they all travel here next week to visit for a few days (my doc wouldn't let me fly to Missouri this late in my pregnancy). I used Papa and Nana's camera on Christmas Eve and I haven't gotten the pictures off of their card yet...so I guess those will come later!

Ben is VERY blessed to have so many people in his life who give SO generously to him and this Christmas was no exception (I feel like this is a major understatement...it will be good for him to have a sister to share some of the "spotlight" and presents with!). He received lots of fun presents from all his great-grandparents and from Papa, Nana and Brad. He also got just what he wanted from Santa...an "old train engine" (ok..so it was from Wal-Mart and we already have to do a return/exchange due to the cheapness factor...but Santa tried!) and some doggie slippers! He got some other fun stocking stuffers too...like Handy Manny underwear...woo hoo! :)

Here he is opening his "choo choo" from Santa. On the evening of the 23rd we were getting into the car after one of Mike's basketball games and Ben saw the train box in the far back of my car (I completely forgot that Mike had hidden it there...great hiding place?!). Well, of course he was asking if it was for him and if he could open it when we got home. I said it was for someone else (yes, I lied!) and that if he was good, Santa might bring him one too (oh the joys of dealing with a three-year-old!). He cried for 20 minutes and I felt like crap, but all turned out ok on Christmas morning....as you'll see in the video below.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We knew Santa would come through with the "old-time" train engine and the doggie slippers!! Of course, he was a good boy!! We love you and miss you and can't wait to see you soon, Benny! (and Mom and Dad!) Have fun with your new stuff!

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Cute video - Ben is such a good boy. He will be an awesome older brother. Enjoy the rest of your holidays!

the cunningham family said...

I love the video of Ben opening the old train. He cracked me up when he said "it was in your car!" They catch onto so many things, that happened to us too this year. Luckily, they believe whatever you tell them, so the situation was aborted quickly when we told him it wasn't for him. Like Ben, he did cry, but got over it quickly! Colin also got some Chicago Bears underwear and some Cars slippers from Santa...must be the gifts of the year! I hope you had a Merry Christmas! Tell your family hello for mewhen they get there to celebrate with you! :)

Katie said...

He is so funny! I too, love the comment about "it was in the back of your car all night!" ;o) I'm glad you all had a good Christmas, and will get to see your family soon. I am sure Ben has a few more gifts headed his way! (Don't you sit and look at it all and wonder where in the world you're going to put it?? And how you are going to fit more toys in the future??) =o)

Samantha said...

I love the video! So darling! I love the end when he sighs so contentedly, "I got everything I asked for." ;) What a sweet little guy!

Anonymous said...

benny is the cutest little boy on the planet.
i wish i could've been around to see him open up some presents! :)
can't wait to see y'all again!