Thursday, December 4, 2008

"The psycho"

It's no secret to those who have been around me lately...I'm extremely hormonal (Mike just tells me I'm psycho...to put it nicely). I'm ultra-sensitive right now and I'm driving myself nuts and probably everyone around me! This pregnancy is SO different from my pregnancy with Ben. I felt so even-keeled, emotion wise, during those nine months, even with all of the medical issues I had (ruptured appendix at 18 weeks, gall bladder issues causing early contractions around seven mths, etc). I've heard every pregnancy is different...and boy do I believe it now.

I've been in bed for the last hour, but couldn't fall asleep...just a million things running through my head...I felt the need to vent...so, lucky you! I am approaching 32 weeks and just feel overwhelmed with life (as a result of the aforementioned hormones...which make me irrational...regardless, I still feel the way I feel!). I feel like everything at work is really piling up right now! I am ending 2008 and have all kinds of things to wrap up over the next two to three weeks, but I'm also planning for 2009 and have coworkers to "train" to do my job while I'm out on leave. As I'm writing this, I realize how silly it sounds. Why do I lie awake at night thinking about this stuff? It's all important to me and I really do take pride in my job. It's my nature to want to do my best and perform well and have everything be just right...but I know it's not as important as my baby or my Ben or Mike. I just wish I could not care right now...but I do...therefore, I stress.

Anyway, I realize this is completely boring and why I'm posting it for you all to read is beyond me...but I blame it on hormones. I blame everything on them these days and so far it's gotten me off the hook for lots of bad behavior! :) I realize there are people out there, probably some of you, who are dealing with far, far, far worse situations than anything I am complaining about. I should be grateful and most of the time I am...but right now...I'm tired and stressed and hormonal...so, sorry for the rant!

I guess I just need to remind myself of the verse below from 1 Corinthians. I like this version from The Message. I think I'll print it and hang in on my desk at work and somewhere here at home too.

"No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

I actually feel better after writing this all out...like, at least for the moment, I put things back in perspective. I'm sure I'll relapse...but maybe now I can fall asleep. I'll leave you with a belly shot...here she is...the reason her Mommy is affectionately referred to now as "the psycho." I really can't wait to meet her and have all this behind me.

12 comments:

Abby said...

I love your rant!
You know, because you're having a girl, you've got twice the crazy female hormones running through you. Use that as part of your hormone excuse, too ;)
You look beautiful, Ali!

the deKorne family said...

you are so delightful. :) You look FABULOUS! you are stressed because you are such a good person and hard worker and want everything to be done well. westfield is lucky to have you! i am praying for you-it will all be over soon and you will be home with your sweet babies.

Abby said...

You are NOT psycho. :) And you look super cute. All of this will take care of itself, and as Heidi said, soon you'll be home with your baby girl! Love you and praying for you to get some sleep! :) (You can have some of mine, I am sleeping constantly. I'm waiting for the insomnia to creep in, but so far so good).

April Gann said...

Hi, friend! Just wanted you to know that you are gorgeous and I am praying for you!

Molly Wilkey said...

Just wanted to tell you that I feel a bit pyscho right now at work too and I am not pregnant. This time of year is just especially busy. I will pray that God calms your hormones. And we can all take heart knowing that God does not give us more than we can handle.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Ali! Your are NOT psycho!!

Anonymous said...

I honestly don't think you are as psycho on the outside as you may feel on the inside. You are doing wonderful and are a beautiful pregnant woman. I can't wait to meet this little lady that is making her mom "psycho" either! I'm sure she will make it all "worth it" and it will be over very soon.

Anonymous said...

Eat some good chocolate and read a magazine (not parenting) while taking a nice hot bath. You look great and it'll be over so soon-then the real fun starts! Shopped the past two days with your Mom and Debby. We had a great time.Love to all.

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Well I think you are all a bunch of psycho's!!! Ok, this is Jim... and I am very confident that Abby is having a girl too this time. We have definately had our crazy female hormone moments this pregnancy. So Ali, I understand why you are writing this... but as for why it is all Mike's fault I just can't answer that... haha. Anyways, we are so glad to hear that Ben likes my dad's books. The 3rd book comes out in 4 more days. We'll have to send one to you for Christmas. It is called "Henry Hane, What a Pain!" A story about bullies. Ben will love this one. Anyways, stay off the crazy juice... you're almost there. Congrats to guys.

Ben and Erin said...

Cutest pregnant girl ever! :)

the cunningham family said...

You crack me up! You are the most adorable pregnant girl ever!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ali! I miss you so much. I have tears in my eyes right now thinking about you and your family. I wish I could see you and your adorable pregnant belly. The rooms are so cute! I hope Benny gets his requests from Santa. I can't wait to see Natalie. That is the name I wanted to name Joseph had he been a girl. It's a beautiful name. By the way, thanks for the note on my birthday.