Sunday, November 30, 2008

More weekend fun...

We had a fun afternoon/evening yesterday with Mike's family (Nana, Papa, Brad and Christina). We headed to downtown Akron to Lock 3 to go ice skating. Ben had never been ice skating and was really excited. I, of course, couldn't go due to the big gut, but Ben had fun "skating" with his Daddy (it was more like being pushed around the rink by Daddy).
Ben also had fun riding on the carousel with Uncle Brad and Christina. I've never seen a carousel go this fast...it was hard to catch a clear picture! Afterwards, we came back to our house and played Balderdash (the best game ever...in my opinion). We had A LOT of good laughs. A fun day!

Story of the day: After church today we went to Baja Fresh for a quick lunch. Ben had his Lightning McQueen car in the car with us and desperately wanted to bring it into the restaurant. Mike told him no because he would lose it, but he insisted, so we caved. Well, we ended up making a couple of other stops before we left the strip mall and, of course, Lightning was no where to be found when we were ready to leave. Once Ben discovered he was GONE he had a major melt down (similar to the Dora balloon incident). He wasn't throwing a fit, he was genuinely upset, hurt, traumatized by the fact that his "Lightning with the white wall tires is....guh..guh...gone." He was sobbing and could barely speak from his carseat...begging Daddy to turn around and go search for his beloved car. In the middle of his very pathetic and sad display of emotion, he said in the most heartfelt way..."Dear Jesus, please give me Lightning back. Please." It was SO sweet and sad. I am an EMOTIONAL nightmare right now due to my crazy pregnancy hormones and I started crying because it was just so cute that he would ask Jesus for help. I think he's learned his lesson now. Santa may just have to bring him a new Lightning with white wall tires for Christmas...who knows?

5 comments:

Katie said...

That is so sad about the car! I hate when things like that happen; you want to say "I told you so" but at the same time you are as sad as they are. I bet Santa could find him a replacement. ;o) The ice skating pictures are so fun! The carousel sounds fun too. Although at that speed I am sure it would have made me sick. I can't do rides like I used to! I am sure your "gut" is adorable.

the cunningham family said...

Ok...I am back in the world of blogging. I took a short detour and am now back. Thanks for asking Katie about me! I so hear your pain of the car story. That has happened to us on multiple occasions. He still hasn't learned that if he loses it, misplaces it, etc, when we are out with them, he might never see them again. He is getting better with it and choses to leave them in our car more often that not lately. I guess it is a learning lesson, right?? Ice skating looks like so much fun. You do so many fun things, Ben is so lucky to have you both as parents. I would love to see more pics of your "gut" as you call it! Hope all is well! :)

Courtney said...

So many great pictures! What a cute story about Ben praying that Jesus would help him find his car...you'll definitely need to journal that one for the books! Oh, and I am in 100% TOTAL agreement with you - Balderdash is the bomb! And that comment is coming from someone who is not a fan of board games...so many laughs with that game!!

MP said...

Adorable and so innocent his little prayer to Jesus. I think that this is agreat story of "child-like" faith.

Oh..and so fun that he went ice skating!

Ben and Erin said...

Poor Ben! We still watch the Dora balloon video. Looks like he had a great time in the pictures especially ice skating, but so sorry to hear he lost Lightening McQueen!! Not fun! It is the sweetest that he prays about it though. Anyway, yes, Ben can take Clare out in 15 years! We'd be more than pleased. :) He's such a doll. Hope you are feeling well!