Sunday, November 9, 2008

Busy weekend...lots of pictures!

This weekend went by really fast because it was filled with fun stuff. Friday night we hung out with friends from our small group and had a blast together. I had the waiter at Macaroni Grille take a group picture of us and it turned out really blurry...bummer (Kim...just wait...I'll get one of you!!). Yesterday we attended a family wedding and Benny had an absolute BLAST on the dance floor! He made friends with all kinds of little kids and they all had a fun time "busting a move" together (it was more like chasing, crashing into each other, and the occasional "booty shake" to make all the adults laugh).
A couple of the pictures below are from Nana and Papa's camera and for some reason we all look really tan?! I think I need to get a camera like theirs so I look like I've been on a tropical vacation all year long. :)
This morning Ben's preschool performed at the Methodist church in town. We were really nervous about how he would do because he was a TOTAL grouch this morning from staying up too late last night...but he ended up doing awesome! Somehow he wound up front and center (his teachers probably figured he would end up there anyway if they didn't just do it to begin with). They sang "My God is So Big" and "Do Unto Others" for the congregation...cheesy arm motions and all! I heard his voice, loud and clear, on several occasions and the best part of the whole performance was the big ol' bow he took at the end. It was mostly funny because he was the ONLY one who did it. It wasn't part of the script. He learned it from watching the Little Einsteins. What a ham!? :) Unfortunately we were pretty far back, so my pictures leave a little bit to be desired....kind of dark and blurry..but you get the idea! Oh...and he did have on a cute sweater that apparently he made his teacher take off before he would go on stage...so he looks like a slob!
Just a couple other random pictures from our weekend. Uncle Brad and Christina were in town for the wedding and I thought this picture of Brad and Ben watching The Incredibles on the floor together was really cute. One of the rare moments when they aren't acting crazy together!
Christina got a new puppy from the "doggy shelter" recently. Here are Benny, Nana and Willow together. Isn't this cute?
Lastly...here's the belly. This picture is cheesy looking, but several people have asked for a belly shot...and this is the best I can do right now. I was 28 weeks on Friday. I just have to say that she is CRAZY...she wiggles non-stop. I sometimes wonder if she ever sleeps. I do love feeling her squirm though. I remember missing that feeling after Ben was born. Despite all the pounds I've put on (approx 25 so far...ahh!)...it's still so fun to have a little life inside and to know I'll meet her in just 2 1/2 months!
Ok..sorry for the world's longest post. I'm done now. :)

6 comments:

Katie said...

What cute pictures! If you find that "tanning camera" hook me up! I am albino at this point. =o) Such a cute belly picture! I love your outfit. It's hard to believe "Louise" will make an appearance in just a few months! I love that Ben is the only one that bowed.

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Busy weekends make for busy posts. Congrats on the girl. We should find out in about a month what we are having. I still think it is crazy watching an elbow slide across my wife's belly. Ben looked like a stud up there...

Abby said...

Oh my goodness...that's like one of my weekends lately! Glad you had fun. Ben is such a ham! And you are super cute. How else would you take a belly picture, if you weren't standing like that??

Anonymous said...

Love the belly picture! Thanks for posting it! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend.

the deKorne family said...

oooooooooo-so happy you put up a belly pic :)-and adorable head shot of the boys! so cute........

Samantha said...

What a fun post! So many things to smile at. About pictures that make you look tan--I discovered the "warmify" effect button on Picasa a few weeks ago. Maybe you know about it, but I love how it makes skin tones so much, well, warmer! I love the pics of Ben in his performance. He's so stinking cute!! And you look wonderful. I put on 50+ lbs. with Quinn, so no worries about your 25!! :)