Monday, November 24, 2008

Randomness...

Ben often asks to sleep with one of his cars, so I was glad I could catch the photo below...proving that he holds on...even while fast asleep. :) Oh and if, by chance, he should accidentally let go in his sleep, he will wake up and search frantically for the car...upon finding the vehicle...he will fall right back to sleep. I wish that was all it took for me some nights....
I discovered, about a month ago, that Ben knows how to use a mouse. I had no idea. We have a LeapFrog computer type game that hooks to the TV and I first noticed him using it with that, but he can even sit down to our regular computer and play different games at PlayhouseDisney.com too. He is so proud of himself, but I have to admit it's a little weird to see my baby sitting at the computer...he looks so grown up!
Last night we put up our Christmas tree...a little earlier than normal....but we were in the mood, so we went with it. :) Ben LOVED helping hang the ornaments on the tree and commenting on the ones he remembered or had made.
Random story of the day: I had an appointment with my OB this morning and Ben went with me (like he has MANY times before). Right in the middle of my non-stress test he decided he had to go potty. I, obviously, couldn't take him, so I told him to just go on his own down the hall and be a big boy like at preschool. Well, the toliet was WAY too high for him to stand and go on his own, so the nice nurse offered to help. He normally stands to go and I just lift him high enough so that he "hits" the water and not anything else. Well, she sat him down and he didn't hold his "thingy" down and ended up peeing ALL OVER HER scrubs. She brought him back to me and was laughing at the giant wet spot on her pants. I felt SO terrible, but luckily she had a great sense of humor about it. He also asked her if he could pee in a cup, since he's seen me do that every time we go in there. NICE!? :) I just keep thinking about her walking around with my child's pee on her scrubs ALL day today?!!! Thankfully, I still passed the stress test! :)

8 comments:

Abby said...

People in healthcare are used to way worse, Ali...don't worry. Nate has come home with all kinds of fun stories. And they usually have spare scrubs on site, so I'm sure she didn't have to wear those all day!

Side note: I am very impressed with how well you keep up with our blogs, but you are becoming a terrible emailer...is it time for an intervention? Love you!

Katie said...

I am still laughing over the pee story! What a sweet nurse. I love that he asked to pee in a cup, too! The pictures are all adorable, but I especially love the one with the truck. They look so sweet and innocent when they sleep, don't they? Holden takes a different object to bed each night; last night it was a Fisher Price kangaroo, the night before that it was a plastic drinking cup. They're so funny.

Anonymous said...

that is one for the record books ben, you never cease to amaze us all even when you aren't even trying.

the deKorne family said...

i am laughing out loud. and that first picture looks professional. glad my pee in a cup days are over for awhile.

Katie said...

Now that is a funny story. And that picture of sleeping Ben is priceless. Loved your post.

ZFam said...

Great Pictures and Great story! I think that sums it up=)

Ben and Erin said...

Ben and I were laughing pretty hard at the OB story about Ben and the nurse. :) Also, so cute how he sleeps with those trucks! Precious picture. Happy Thanksgiving!

the cunningham family said...

Ben is so much like Colin it is crazy! Colin sleeps with cars and books too, but mostly cars and has a death grip on them. I don't think I could sleep like that, but he/they manage! Too cute!