Sunday, December 14, 2008

Silent night...

Benny and I were watching different videos on YouTube this afternoon and we came across this music video of "Silent Night" by Sixpence None the Richer. We probably watched it five times in a row and Ben would tell me the whole story of Jesus' birth. It was neat to see that he really understands the Christmas story and the real significance of this holiday that is so easily overshadowed by everything else (presents, Santa, etc.).

As I was listening to this song for probably the hundredth time (or more) in my life, I couldn't help but think of my friends, Heidi and Mark, and their baby girl, Kaiya. Just thinking of little Kaiya, literally, "sleeping in heavenly peace" in that hospital bed gave me such peace myself. I can't imagine how people get through something like Heidi and Mark are going through without a personal relationship with Christ. I thank God that they have such strong faith through this whole ordeal. I thank God that he is giving them positive news, little by little, about their baby girl's health. I rest knowing that God's plan is always better than any other plan we, as humans, could come up with. I know he is holding Kaiya in His arms as she fights this battle and I trust that He will use her life and this situation to witness to others.

I hope you hear this song through "new ears" this Christmas. I know I have. Thank you, God, for sending your Son.

6 comments:

the deKorne family said...

you are so precious...you made me cry. i love you. thanks for the buckets of support for us. i am so blessed to have you for my friend. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being the mommy and wife you are. I love you.

Abby said...

What a beautifully written post, Ali. Made me very teary. Love you.

Anonymous said...

You are a extra special friend, Ali, a wonderful mom and daughter, but even more importantly a blessed child of God. Thanks for sharing Him on your blog! May He bless and watch over Heidi's sweet little family in Michigan!

MP said...

what a great reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. Fabulous find on You Tube. And, how precious it is that Ben is old enough to understand the Christmas story. I am sure this year it has been extra special. Also, you are such a good friend to Heidi. They have been on my heart continually the past couple of days.

Katie said...

What a lovely, devoted friend Heidi and Mark have in you, Ali. I can't wait to meet you one day. Much love to you this Christmas.