Monday, August 2, 2010

Cookies, a Photo Scavenger Hunt, and Silly Bandz

On Saturday, we spent some time at an outlet mall in PA. I purchased some new cookie cutters at a kitchen shop, so on Sunday, Ben spent the better part of the day begging me to make sugar cookies. I, finally, gave in to his wishes. :)

Mr. Helpful
"Dad...do not TOUCH my cookies!" (Daddy has a problem stealing/eating the cookies before they are finished!!)
Proud of the finished product!
The problem is now we have WAY more cookies than we can possibly eat (Ok..well we could easily down them all...but then I'd want to vomit!). I might have to bring these lovely works of art into work tomorrow. I'm sure my coworkers will appreciate a blue horse sugar cookie...or perhaps a red dog bone?
At about 5 pm today, Ben was, apparently, bored. He said "Mom, I know what we can do...a photo scavenger hunt!!" (Like I was really hard pressed for things to do?!) We did this last summer and haven't done it again since....but I wanted to make it a little more interesting this time. He did a great job taking all of the pictures on his own and had a blast!
My favorite Ben response was to #11..something that makes you laugh. He first said "when I toot" and I told him that was a little too difficult to photograph. :) Next, he said..."a clown"...we didn't have one. Then he said "Oh...you know that one show I watch with Daddy...America's Funniest Videos." Again, we couldn't photograph that. Finally, he resorted to Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.! :)

Oh...and he was kind enough to choose me for #9, but he had already used me for #7, so I told him to pick someone else (thinking he'd go for Daddy..although in Dad's defense he wasn't home at the time!)...but he got really excited and said, "I know...my Zhu Zhu pet!" (If you have young kids you've probably heard of these little creatures!)

I thought he would pick something like a hat or a bat for #1...but he made me smile and quickly picked his sister..."Nat." Of course she was very pleased to smile for the camera...ha!
Finally, if you have pre-school through elementary age kiddos, then you MUST have been made aware, by now, of all the rage that is SILLY BANDZ. I don't get it...but then again I haven't been in that age bracket for awhile now. Well, if Ben is into something...then Nattie is too! Here they are sporting these cool (??) bracelets!

10 comments:

Katie said...

You're awesome. I love that you do fun activities w/ your kids.

Adam, Jenny, Emma, and Audrey said...

I agree, you are an awesome mom. How do you feel like doing all of this when you are nine months pregnant?! Your kids are lucky to have you and I wish we lived closer so my kids could be part of your fun and creativity!

The Samsons said...

I love your photo scavenger hunt. I agree with the others - awesome mom! I love the cookies too. If only we lived closer.
Oh, and you ask I deliver. I just posted a blog on Ava and Sophie, was actually writing when I saw your comment :)

the cunningham family said...

First of all...your cookies look amazing. Cookies are my downfall. I think if I made them, I'd eat them all! Yummy!
You are definitely an awesome mom! You guys do so many fun things. I think I might plan a scavengar hunt for Colin this week...he would love it! And, I do have to say, #3 is definitely the easiest. The older two play with each other. I never believed people before, but what they say is true. You will have so much fun with your 3 little ones. Can't wait to see Andy fit into your wonderful family. Hope all is well!

The Samsons said...

Yes!! We love silly bands here too :) Ava sleeps with them on ha!

Abby said...

I'll say it again: SUPER MOM.

Carrie said...

love the scavenger hunt!! what a fun idea!

Heather Green said...

Okay... this is the second photo scavenger hunt I've read about on your blog, and I still think it's amazingly awesome. I need to do that with Riley!

Katie said...

What a fun Mommy, and about to give birth any day! You put me to shame. :) Love the cookies! I remember the photo scavenger hunt from last year. Such a creative idea. Our house has been inhabited with Silly Bandz, too.

Courtney said...

Oh how creative you are - so inspiring! those cookies look AMAZING! If you're having trouble getting rid of them, feel free to send them our way ;-)