Sunday, May 24, 2009

Busy day!

This morning I hosted a bridal shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Christina. It was primarily family (you count as family, Cheryl!), so it was pretty laid back. We had brunch together and I didn't make anyone play any cheesy bridal shower games. :) Instead, each person wrote marriage advice on a notecard for Christina and Brad. Mike and I are looking forward to their wedding at the end of June. We are both in it and Benny is the ring bearer. I was planning to use the wedding as motivation to lose the rest of my baby weight...but I've given up all hope of that happening. I just need to get a little sun before the big day...tan fat is better than white fat...right? :) Anyway...I hope you had fun and felt loved this morning, Christina!
Some more shower pictures...
The rest of my day was spent slaving over the annual Benny birthday cake and cookies. I can't believe he is going to be FOUR years old! This year he wanted a monster truck party (even after the debacle!). I don't think my cake turned out as well as last year's Scooby...but he loved it and kept telling me it was "so cool." I guess that's what matters! We are having his party at the park tomorrow...more to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great Ali! No weight to lose! And the cake/cookies are fantastic! Hope the birthday party is great! :)

Katie said...

Awesome cake. Ben has a sweet, talented mommy.