Sunday, May 3, 2009

I can't stop...

...taking pictures of her. I feel like Natalie is growing and changing so fast that I have to do a photo shoot of her at least once a day to make sure I don't miss anything! :) She just has such a sweet little personality. All you have to do is say hi to her and she smiles and coos at you. I love it! (Oh..and the random Mike/Ben picture was thrown in just because I thought it was cute!)

Oh...and this picture sums up how Ben felt when I told him he had to come in from playing outside this evening. He was mad and crying until he decided that watching Dumbo might be fun too. Have I mentioned that this child LOVES movies?

I haven't told any funny Ben stories lately, so here are a few goodies....
- We've had some recent potty accidents in public. He has been fully potty trained since this past Fall (yes...it took forever!)...but we still have an occasional problem when he decides he's too busy playing to take the time to go. On more than one occasion he has been playing in a fastfood playland and has pooped his pants in the tunnels because he just couldn't bear the thought of coming down and taking time away from the fun to go. GROSS! Not too long ago he pooped his pants in the Chick-Fil-A playland and I had to clean him up in the bathroom. I ended up having to throw away his underwear (seriously...who wants to carry around poopy undies in their purse!?). Anyway, we were planning on going to the mall after that, so Papa took him straight to the kids section at Macy's to get him some new underwear to put on. As they were checking out he told the lady..."Hi...I pooped my pants at Chick-Fil-A, so I needed some new underwear." Wow...nothing like being honest, Ben. :)
- On the way to preschool last week Ben said to me from the backseat..."Mom, why does Daddy always call you a grouch?" Like a good wife and mother, I told him that Daddy was mean for calling me that and I have no idea why he would say that. :) He said in response, "It's ok Mom...Daddy's a whacko." Nice, Ben...way to make me feel better! (By the way...I am not grouchy all of the time...I promise.)
- For the last month or so anytime I ask Ben to do anything that he doesn't want to do he'll say in response..."I can't, Mom...I'm too frightened." What a weirdo!
- The other morning he and Natalie were in the bathtub at the same time. He noticed her girl anatomy and said..."Natalie doesn't have a pee pee, Mom." :) I then proceeded to explain the difference between boys and girls...which he already knew, but was apparently just confirming. Anyway, he proceeded to name off various friends, family, and neighbors by telling me whether or not they had pee pee's! Great conversation! :)

8 comments:

Grammy said...

Awww...poor Ben...he looked pathetically sad to have to end his fun outside! Love the pictures of little Miss Natalie! Can't wait to see my sweeties next week! Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing grouchy you and whacko Mike, too!!

Abby said...

I love the Ben stories! I wish I could have witnessed him telling that lady he pooped his pants...what a seriously funny kiddo. :) And Natalie gets cuter by the day...HATE that I haven't met her yet, but hope I get the chance this summer! Love you guys.

DeKorne Family said...

you are funny :) those are precious. she is soo cute! those stories made me laugh out loud. which i don't often do. thanks.

MP said...

Love the pictures! The stories of Ben are priceless. He is quite the thinker!! :)

Katie said...

Ben's antics cracked me up!!! Glad I'm not the only one whose husband refers to her as a grouch. (Actually, he calls me "Oscar.") Natalie gets cuter by the day. I love her Pooh outfit!

Ben and Erin said...

I always love the collages and it's so fun how much you love to take pictures of Natalie. There is nothing like your little girl....although they say it's the same with a little boy too--I'll find out soon. :) I love your Ben stories and was glad to read a couple of new ones. He's too funny! What a great age.

ZFam said...

oh...Ben stories! i LOVE them! you must laugh your way through each day with him!

great pictures! you have 2 cuties on your hands!

Samantha said...

i love the Ben stories and all the Natalie pictures. quinn is saying more and more funny things, just for the sake of being funny. it's such a joy to see their senses of humor! thanks for giving me a laugh! :)