Monday, May 25, 2009

My buddy is four years old today!

I can hardly believe that Ben is four years old today. The time has literally flown by. It has sure been a fun four years though. We celebrated his birthday and Memorial Day at the park with family (and our friends, the Hurrle's!) yesterday afternoon. He had a blast, as always. We (along with the great-grandparents) bought him his first real bike. He is a great little rider already and can go really fast. Papa and Nana bought him his first real train....a Lionel Polar Express. He thought it was really cool! It was beautiful weather and a fun day.

As I was tucking him into bed tonight, I said a prayer and thanked God that he gave me him four years ago. After we were done praying he said, "Mom, what did you name me when I was born?" Hmmm...I guess all the sugar from the cake and cookies caused a temporary brain lapse!? :) I love my buddy!
A few more pictures from the party. The Moser men sure are cute! Oh...and how do you like Uncle Kevin's tattoo? It's a monster truck...so cool! :)

We just hung around the house today and played with some of Ben's new toys. He and Daddy hit balls in the backyard and Nattie hung out on the deck with me. She had a blowout that resulted in me stripping her down to nothing but a diaper. It was warm enough to hang out "in the nude"...I just love those rolls! :)

6 comments:

Grammy said...

What a fun day Ben had for his birthday!! All of our lives changed for the better four years ago when that little guy came into the world! I can't wait to see all the amazing things he learns this year and all the fun that we get to have watching him learn it!!
Grammy and Pops love you tons, Benny! Hugs and kisses to you and Natalie!

Adam, Jenny, and Emma said...

So glad Ben had a great birthday. We are excited to celebrate with him in June! Natalie is changing so much! They are both too cute. I can't belive how good he was riding that bike! He must go fast because Mike looks like he is running in that one picture just to keep up with him! You will have some fun family bike rides I am sure! Love you guys!

Abby said...

Cute pictures...so glad Ben had a happy birthday! Your monster truck cake turned out awesome. :) Love you!

Katie said...

I love the monster truck cake! You are so talented. The cookies are really cute, too. Sounds like Ben had a great bday! Natalie's drooly picture makes me smile. I love her hat! I bought the same one for a baby shower recently from Children's Place. So fun!

the deKorne family said...

Maybe you should quit Westfield and go into cake making? Be your own boss and people pay serious jack for cute cakes. :) Very impressive for a girl who didn't know cheese came in a block until college! CUTE kiddos! Love them, love you. :)

The Hurrle Herd said...

Thanks for including us in the celebration. We love your family! Their all so easy and fun to be around! And of course Nate was thrilled to get to go to his buddy's party.

The cake looked awesome! There was never a doubt! Kailin LOVED getting to hold/entertain Natalie while you decorated it. I did too, but I only got her when she got fussy. As good as she is her fussy is easy!