Monday, March 23, 2009

An interview with Ben...

I "interviewed" Ben last night. I was reading my blogger friend Kristin's blog (Zeeb family on right) recently and saw that she had done this with her three and a half year old daughter, Alexa. The answers really made me laugh, so I wanted to see how Ben would respond (some responses are almost exactly the same as Alexa's...it must be a three year old thing?!). I wrote down his responses, verbatim, below.

1. What is something mom always says to you? "You are a boo boo bear"
2. What makes mom happy? "When I hug you and kiss you"
3. What makes mom sad? "When I don’t help you putting the dishes away"
4. How does your mom make you laugh? "Tickling me"
5. What was your mom like as a child? "You liked playing with me" (Really? Not sure how that's possible Ben!)
6. How old is your mom? "3 years old"

7. How tall is your mom? "This tall" (holding his hand about an inch above his own head)
8. What is her favorite thing to do? "You play with me and snuggle with me in my bed"
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? "You cry"

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? "For loving me"
11. What is your mom really good at? "Putting puzzles together with me"
12. What is your mom not very good at? "You’re not very good at knowing which letter goes together" (I have no idea what this means?!)
13. What does your mom do for her job? "Clean up the house"
14. What is your mom's favorite food? "Granola bars"
15. What makes you proud of your mom? "At cleaning up stuff in the house"
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? "You could be Pooh"
17. What do you and your mom do together? "We hug each other"
18. How are you and your mom the same? "That we have noses and we do Eskimo kisses and butterfly kisses"
19. How are you and your mom different? "We’re different because you have a ring on you and I don’t"
20. How do you know your mom loves you? "Because you hug me and love me"
21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? "Kaleidoscope" (a park near our house that we haven’t been to in at least a year...hmm..maybe this is a hint?!)

In other news, Natalie had her eight week check up today and it's official...she's still chubby. :) She was 23 inches long (90th percentile) and 12 lbs 9 oz (75th percentile). I checked Ben's baby book and he was about the same length, but over 2 lbs lighter than her at this same age. :) Oh, and the poor thing had to have five vaccinations today too. She was a trooper!

6 comments:

MP said...

too cute. I love how you would be famous for loving him! And..how you and him are only alike because you have noses. hahaha. Way too adorable!!

Anonymous said...

love the questions! how fun. i also so enjoy hearing the stats on babies!! :) thanks for sharing!

Abby said...

I like that the major difference is that you have a ring...which made me think of that Beyonce song "if you like then you should have put a ring on it..."

Okay, maybe I am the only one who went down that path. :) Cute kiddo, though. And don't worry about Natalie's chunkiness. She's precious! And I would bet you anything baby Breyer is going to come out WAY bigger!

Anonymous said...

ali, you are a great mommy because they say the number one thing a kid needs is love and by ben's answers he certainly is aware of love from you. keep up the loving.

Katie said...

So cute! It's funny to see how their minds work. I love the last post of Natalie and Mike's baby pics, too. He can definately claim her! :) I love her hat and her cute girly clothes.

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

That was a great idea. I can't wait to hear my little guys talk. Classic answers. Natalie is beautiful too! Take care-