Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fun weekend!

I felt like life was back to normal this weekend! We got out of the house and had some fun together. We took Ben to the Museum of Natural History in Cleveland on Saturday. He had a blast looking at all of the different exhibits, but especially the dinosaur bones. He also had fun in the "discovery zone" where he got to do some hands on activities, rather than just looking! He uncovered fossils, played with sea creatures, and worked on brain teasers with Daddy. It was a fun afternoon! Oh, and I threw in a shot of Natalie in the stroller while we were there...she slept the entire time. :)
This afternoon, after church, we headed to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park to go hiking. It was 60 degrees out, so we wanted to take advantage of the nice weather. It was Natalies first hike and she slept through it (shocker, I know). It was a short hike to Blue Hen Falls, but really pretty. I love that we have such cool scenery so close to home (only about 30 minutes away). I'm thankful Spring is on it's way...but I'm really hoping these next six weeks go by slowly so I can enjoy the rest of my time off with Natalie and Ben!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali,

I love all your pictures, especially the outdoors! Yay for spring!! I'm glad you feel revived and back to normal. You timed your baby just right--spring arrived right when you were recuperated and ready to go again!! Give Benny and Natalie kisses from Grammy--can't wait to see you next week!!

Abby said...

Looks like a really fun weekend...glad you weren't just sitting around feeling sad that you weren't in IL with us. :) Such cute babies you have...love them both!

The Hurrle Herd said...

Our kids loved that museum too. We took them there last fall for a "school" field trip.

The kids are loving gettin outside a little bit. Can't wait till the warm weather is here to stay! Nate can't wait to romp in the yard with his bud, Benny!

Katie said...

What a fun weekend! I am sure it feels great to be out and about again. You look great, by the way! That museum looks really cool. I love all the action shots of Ben. I am jealous of Natalie at the moment...I want to just lounge and sleep all day! What a life. =o) Can't get over her adorable, chubby, rosy cheeks.

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

I was born in Cuyahoga County - in North Royalton. Anyways, we enjoyed the same weather up here. Amazing how a little sunshine brings everyone outside. Natalie is so cute. Tell Mike he is looking like his dad more and more everyday! Take care you guys-