Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The cute DeKorne girls...

My pal Heids and her two precious kiddos came for a visit the last two days. I LOVED having them and was so happy to spend time with Ava and Kaiya...and, of course, Heidi. We did a whole lot of nothing other than...sitting, nursing, refereeing (why can my almost four-year-old still not share his toys very well with visitors!!? annoying!) and laughing at the chaos. It was fun chaos though..and I loved every minute of it. Between Ben and Ava there was non-stop talking the entire two days. We found ourselves just looking at each other and laughing at some of the funny things that were said and done. It felt so good to be with my friend. :)

Here is the best shot we could get of us with our babes. I don't think Natalie and Kaiya knew what to think of their crazy older siblings! We laughed so hard at some of the other pictures that were taken trying to get a "good one."
Just a few shots of the cutie pie Ava! She is seriously a hoot. She is such a great talker and has the cutest little voice. She was so sweet to Natalie and very interested in her ("Natalie cryin?" "Natalie poopin?" "Natalie sleepin?"...everything ended in an "i-n"...it was very cute!). I was also very impressed with her manners. She rarely forgot a please or thank you...pretty impressive for a not quite two-year-old! :)

And here are few shots of sweet Kaiya. She is such a good little thing. All you have to do is say her name and she smiles at you. I just kept looking at her and thinking how amazing and awesome it is that she is alive and perfect. The night before Heidi arrived, Ben and I were saying our prayers before bed and he stopped to tell me that he didn't need to pray for Kaiya because she "didn't have tubes in her anymore." Thank goodness for that! :) We are just so thankful that God healed her precious body!
Finally...just in case you haven't seen enough yet. Here are some of us with our littlest ones. Thanks for coming, Heids! I loved having you and miss you and your girls already!

5 comments:

the deKorne family said...

loved seeing you, too-cute moser girls, and boy-and your son is perfectly fine at sharing. those first kids just have a little extra to learn about that. :) love you! miss you!

Abby said...

such cute pictures, so glad you two got some time together. looking forward to my turn to hold kaiya this weekend...just wish I got to hold natalie, too! love you!

Anonymous said...

Heidi's girls are the cutest...glad you had a good visit. The sit-around and do nothing visits are the best. Lucky you to have such good friends! Loved all the pictures!
Can't wait to see you all in a couple weeks!

Katie said...

How fun! There's nothing better than hanging out with your girlfriends and their kids. (Unless you're hanging out with your girlfriends, NO kids, and a few drinks! LOL!) I love the picture of Ben pushing Ava around in the truck. And I am cracking up at one of him and Kaiya where he has his gun next to him. It looks like he is watching over her. =o) How cute is Natalie's green shirt?!

MP said...

looks like you guys had a great time! I love all the shots of the kids together :) They are all so precious!!