Thursday, February 26, 2009

There's an Alligator Under My Bed...

Ben loves monsters (remember this?) and he loves books (in addition to his love for all things with wheels). When I was Christmas shopping for him this year, I found the book below and thought it was right up his alley. I was right. It contains three monster stories and he loves each of them.


One night, a little over a month ago, I was putting him to bed and he wanted me to read this book to him. I was really tired and told him I would rather he read it to me. Well, I was surprised to find that he knew, almost exactly word-for-word, every story in the book. His memory amazes me (he'd only had the book for about a month at the time)! He even "reads" the stories with the correct inflection. It just makes me smile.
Anyway, I didn't want to put an eight minute video on the blog, so I only recorded him "reading" the last story in the book... "There's an Alligator Under My Bed." Hope you enjoy!

Warning: Please excuse the occasional nose pick, face scratch, and/or side bar comment he throws in! :) Just be glad he didn't burp or "toot" during his reading of the story. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

An alligator in the garage? Oh, no! Be careful! He is too cute (and so smart with such a good memory!) I miss my buddy--give him hugs and kisses from Grammy!

Ben and Erin said...

This video is so precious. Ben and I just LOVE Ben videos. His little voice is so sweet. Ben says he knows the book and hearing Ben read it brought back memories! Too cute!

Katie said...

Okay, really. Believe me when I say, this may be cutest thing I've seen in QUITE SOME TIME. What a smartie. It made me smile; reminded me of Thomas days of yore. (He used to "read" a book called My Truck is Stuck when he was 2.)

Yes, I got your sweet note. Glad you got it. Just a little "happy" from Texas! ;)

Katie said...

Too cute!I love the little comments he throws in. =o) He has great expression.

Anonymous said...

ben you are amazing i am going to send my favorite book to you and have you read it to me. natalie is so lucky to have you as a big brother. love you bunches.

Abby said...

He is SO cute.

I want to squish him a little. :)

xo

April Gann said...

I want more Ben videos! LOVE them. He is a fantastic little boy.

Jackie said...

That was amazing!! What a cutie! Can't wait to see you all in less than a month!