Sunday, February 1, 2009

Still tired from the move...

My father-in-law likes a certain comedian who does a funny "sketch" about how he kept a diary when he was a baby. Apparently the first entry in his "baby diary" was..."Day One: Still tired from the move." It gave me a little chuckle and I thought this would be an appropriate title for the collage of pictures below. :) She sure is a cute sleeper though! We are doing well and LOVING our little girl. I just can't believe I'm the mom of TWO now. :)
Just a few random shots from the last two days. Ben has done a great job, so far, adjusting to not having all of my/our attention. Mike said today that he is enjoying getting to snuggle with Ben more since I'm a little preoccupied! :) I look forward to the days when I can have a little more balance and feel like I can juggle both kids...but for now, it's all Natalie...and I sure do love snuggling her. My little man knows he is LOVED...trust me! :)
Here are some shots of Natalie spending time with her Nana, Papa, Uncle Brad and soon-to-be Aunt Christina. They all love her lots. Can you tell? :) Grammy and Pops arrive next Friday to spend some time getting to know their third grandchild! We are looking forward to them arriving and anxious to hear what they think of her. I'm sure they are DYING to get their hands on her by this point (right, Mom?). :) There are still so many people in our families who have not met her yet, so I'm sure there will be lots more pictures soon!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, Ali! I'm dying to get my hands on her! She's beautiful and I can tell already, she's a sweetie!!

the deKorne family said...

i am also dying!!! she is so gorgeous..kaiya has the pink with brown flowers outfit and the polka dot one is soooo cute--don't you love girl clothes?! i love you and love her and can't wait to meet her :)

Katie said...

I was at Annie's house for the Super Bowl tonight, and we were showing Erin your blog. We were excited to see new pictures! =o) She is beautiful. The girl clothes are so fun! Glad everyone is settling in at home. I can almost smell that newborn smell. They smell so good! (most of the time) =o) Give her a kiss for me.

the cunningham family said...

I LOVE girl clothes too!! She is just as precious as can be. I have been waiting for more pictures, she is such a doll! I am glad Ben is doing so well too. That is such a big adjustment from being the only to the big brother! Glad things are going well. Can't wait for more pics! Erin says hi!! :)

Katie said...

She's so precious. Does her hair have a hint of red in it? So cute.

Anonymous said...

Ali,

Jenny wondered the same thing about the possibility of red hair? I can't tell if she is just a little pink and her hair reflects that or if it may be a little red. So, is she a blonde, brunette or redhead?

Abby said...

She is so cute, Ali...I want to get my hands on her too! I am jealous of all the cutie little girl clothes...

Glad Ben is adjusting well to his role of big brother! Love you much. :)

Karrie said...

She is perfect, Ali! I am getting a little choked up looking at all of these pictures :). We cannot wait to meet Natalie and to see you all again. It looks like Ben is doing a great job (it give me hope for Will someday!). Love and Blessings to you all!

Courtney said...

She's beautiful, Ali! I love the one of Ben smiling at the camera with Natalie in the bouncy seat...what a great "brother" smile :)

Samantha said...

We've been in Florida for a week, so I've just now found out beautiful Natalie arrived! Congratulations!!! I love all the pictures, and I love how Ben asked where they took his Natalie.(:
He'll be a such wonderful brother, and she is going to adore him. Have fun as you learn to be a family of four!!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo cute! Isn't pink a wonderful color after all the red and blue? Thanks so much for all the photos! When will Natalie's first trip to Illinois be? Can't wait-I want it official that I call first dibs on holding her!