Saturday, February 28, 2009

One month old already!

Natalie is one month old today! The past four weeks have flown by and she has changed so much already. She is doing a great job of holding up her head and she is very alert, observant, and so sweet natured. She seems to be studying things all the time. I just love her more each day. All of Mike's grandparents pitched in and bought Natalie a Little Einstein activity "thingy" (I can't remember the official name). She is, obviously, still a little young for this...but it did make for some bright colored pictures this morning!

I especially like the picture of Natalie and Ben together. There was something on TV that has them both intrigued. I am anxious to see how their relationship is going to develop. Ben's preschool teachers told me that on Thursday he told them, as he wiped his brow with a sigh, "I am exhausted from taking care of my little sister, Nat." HA! I'm not quite sure what he's talking about....maybe he meant to say "My mom is exhausted..." Hmm... :)
Quick Benny story...tonight as we were getting ready for bed, The Lord of the Rings movie was on TV. Mike was teasing Ben and told him that he looked like Smeagol (Gollum). Ben has seen parts of this movie on TV before, so he knows who Smeagol is. Anyway, he responded back to Mike with..."No I don't, Daddy. Smeagol wears torn up underwear." Why yes, Ben, you are right...he sure does. I just don't think the movie would have had the same effect if Smeagol was crawling around in your Mickey Mouse undies. :) Here is Smeagol and his torn up undies...creepy!


4 comments:

the deKorne family said...

wow. amazing its been a month! she is precious. cant wait to get my hands on her!

Katie said...

LOL about Smeagol! Ben is DEFINATELY just a tad cuter! =o) I can't believe Natalie is one month old. It goes so quickly. She just keeps getting cuter. I love the comment her big brother made!

Anonymous said...

love the new pics!!

Abby said...

A month already?! Wow! She's such a darling little girl, Ali--I'm loving all the pictures you're posting of her. Too funny about Ben being "exhausted" :)
BTW...watch your mailbox!