Friday, February 20, 2009

Milk...it does a body good!

I've been thinking the title of this blog would be a good caption for some of the photos I've taken of Natalie lately. She is packing on the pounds (or ounces) quickly. It is so funny...I'm not used to a chubby baby...but I love her and her chipmunk cheeks. I've started to get...what looks like...smiles out of her. Don't you just want to squeeze those cheeks?

Oh...and our good friends, the Gerber's, sent a package for Natalie and included the silly glasses below for Ben. He loves them. Here he is using them on Natalie to get her to stop crying. I'm sure it worked?!
Quick funny story about Ben...I was getting ready the other day and Ben and Natalie were hanging out in my room. Natalie started to cry and I was ignoring it (just for a minute!) and Ben apparently had had enough...he said, "Mom, the only way to solve this problem (the crying was a problem apparently) is to give her some cough medicine so she will fall asleep." Uh...sorry Ben, we don't give our three week old cough medicine...but that is a very creative idea!? :) Don't worry...I'll be making sure all meds are far out of his reach! :) (By the way...he learned this "technique" from the movie Monster House...which he LOVES...it took me awhile to figure that out!)

8 comments:

the deKorne family said...

she is so precious! way to go on that milk. :) and yes, post away-those of us who love her from afar need to see her!! i love that our girls have all the same clothes. yeah carters!

Anonymous said...

your post was about the only thing that made me smile today, so thanks and keep posting you want me happy don't you. jk love to all

Katie said...

Hilarious about the cough medicine!! I love it! She does have some great cheeks. You must produce whole milk! =o)

Anonymous said...

I love those cheeks and those sweet "smiles"! She's changed in less than one week since I left to come home!! Keep posting new pictures each day (okay, you can skip a day or two every now and then....)

[becca] said...

that story is too cute.
sounds just like benny.
did you know jaylyn is super smart like her cousin benny?
the other day i was eating oatmeal, (she climbed on my lap to steal some of it) i told her to be careful cause it was still hot...she said "milk" and showed me that i needed to put some milk in my oatmeal to cool it off.
she's a goofy little 22 month old.

natalie is soooo super cute.
my mom has the big picture from the post below as the background on her computer.
i think natalie definitely looks related to emma. i can't figure out what it is...but at first glance, i almost thought the picture was emma!
she is so precious. and i can't wait to meet her.
maybe i could come out and visit over my spring break...
(i know i've said that every year for like the past 4...but maybe this time, since i'm all big and bad and 20 now, i could really come!)
eh?? i think that would be a blast...

ZFam said...

So cute! What a good big brother Ben is!!! And, I love Natalie's little grin at the camera..she is just precious! Love this pinchable cheeks! Nothing is cuter on a baby!

MP said...

that story is hilarious. you need to post another video of him. He cracks me up!!

the cunningham family said...

I love the cheeks! She is a doll. I love the cough medicine idea from Ben...what a smart little one! :) Keep the pics coming!