Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lots of pictures...

I've decided that I like her a lot. She has been such a good baby so far. How do I get so lucky? I really do feel overly blessed some days. She rarely cries (except for the picture below and when I'm giving her a "bath")...loves to eat (10 minute intervals...have no routine yet)...sleeps a lot (no routine though...I'm not good at this)...just a pleasant little baby. We went to the pediatrician on Thursday and she had gained over a pound in less than a week (she's 8 lbs 7 oz now!). Apparently some moms make skim milk and some make whole milk...I think I make whole! :)

Anyway, we've had some visitors this week and my mom and dad arrived yesterday, so I thought I'd post a bunch of pictures from the last week or so. Sorry for so many...but would you expect anything less? :)

Our attempt at a family picture. Natalie was hungry...Ben was acting goofy...I was tired...luckily Mike looks cute.
Our good friends and neighbors, the Hurrle's, came to visit Natalie. Ben was thrilled to have his buddies visit for a bit! Kailin made the cutest sign for our front door when Natalie was born (wish I'd taken a picture!!). Angy, Pappy, and Granny came this week too. They love her already and I'm sure she will be falling in love with them soon too!

Just some more of my little sleeper. I even had a two hour period this week when Ben and her were BOTH napping in our bed. I was there the whole time, in case any of you freak that my newborn is laying on top of pillows and blankets. :)

I think she's cute. We have not really figured out who exactly she looks like. Probably because she doesn't look exactly like anyone, but we seem to think she looks more like Mike than Ben does. I'm good with that because her Daddy is pretty cute.
Finally, just a few pictures of my mom and dad (Grammy and Pops) with Natalie. I'm pretty sure this baby is loved lots already. Oh, and Pops calls Ben...Benji...so they brought Ben the "Benjie Engie" book (really old!) and a little train engine. He thought it was pretty cool. :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been checking your blog 10+ times a day waiting for more pictures! All of these pictures makes me want to see her and hold her really bad! She is beautiful! I think the family picture is great too! It made me laugh! Love you!

Katie said...

Thanks for the new pictures! I have been checking in quite a bit, too, just waiting. =o) She is so sweet! I love the pink and brown outfit. The family picture is classic. She looks like a good mixture of you, Ben, and Mike from the pictures. I saw Claire at school and she pointed out that Beth sees Eric in her. I can see it! My favorite picture is her and Ben asleep on your bed. Talk about a Kodak moment.

Abby said...

I love your family picture, you all look cute! She's darling...and I think she looks a lot like Mike, too...though I can definitely see your side of the family in her, too. Hope you're having fun with your family...and that we can talk soon! Love you!

MP said...

i agree with the above comments. i have been checking for new pics. thanks for posting. She is so beautiful. I am sure Ben is already such a great big brother and hopefully a good help to you!!

Lesley said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful. Hope you are all adjusting well!

Lesley (Heidi's friend)

the deKorne family said...

Why were you tired in the first picture? :) There is no sleeping routine at first, you are not bad at anything! You are the best Mom ever!! Hope you have a great time with Big Al and Denise. LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting more pics! she is just adorable!!! you are truly blessed!

Anonymous said...

great photos, keep posting, your mom and dad both told me she was perfect, i agree. kisses and hugs to all.

Molly Wilkey said...

I have to agree with Jenny, I have checking quite regularly for more pictures. She is beautiful!

Abby said...

She's such a doll, Ali! I can see bits of Ben in her too. She definitely is a loved little girl...and with great reason! Love all the pictures...keep 'em coming!

the cunningham family said...

You can never have too many pics! Keep them coming. I too have been checking for more updates from you! I love seeing Ben and her interact (and sleep together!) What fun! The family pic is a classic! Natalie is beautiful!

Courtney said...

Once again, so many great photos - I already forgot the stage when the babes sleep with their arms above their head...so cute :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all the photos, Ali! Natalie is just beautiful! I bet Ben seems so old to you now-they age drastically the day the new baby comes home from the hospital. So glad your parents got there! Love to all of you!

ZFam said...

SO CUTE! Keep the pictures comin'! She'll change and grow too fast the way it is!!