Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin carving + some other stuff...

For the last couple of years we've made it a Halloween tradition to carve pumpkins with Benny, and now Natalie. Since Daddy is still recovering from surgery on his wrist, we recruited Papa to come help out...Nana too! Papa did a great job and I even attempted one of my own (the less fancy of the three below).
Ben picked the first, Natalie picked the second and I guess Andy is stuck with my lovely work of art on the right. :)
While Papa was slaving over the pumpkins, Nana played with Nattie. They watched a little "Nightmare Before Christmas", which is always a favorite at our house around this time of year, and they pretended like they were going shopping with their fancy purses. Nana is nice and let's Nattie dig in her purse and put on her lipstick and perfume (which she still smelled like this morning). :)

This morning was one of those rare moments in time when my two oldest actually played nice together. While Andy was napping, we spent a solid hour and a half upstairs in Natalie's bedroom just reading books and playing with Natalie's basket of babies and stuffed animals.
I love this one of the two of them. :)
Finally, just a few random pictures from the last day or two. I made pumpkin chocolate chip bars today and Ben and Nat were loving the batter.
Just another attempt in my quest to obtain a cute picture of the three of them...
Tomorrow night is trick-or-treat time in our town and Ben is VERY excited to debut his costume. I think I'll have a hard time keeping him from wanting to put it on at 8 am. Thanks, again, Papa and Nana for coming to carve pumpkins with us...we love you!

4 comments:

Abby said...

Lee and Kim are so cute and you're lucky to have them nearby. I feel the same way about Nate's parents. :) And I think that last picture of the three kids is great! While I read this I could hear Nattie in my head saying "Ahndy! Ahndy! Ahndy!" :) Love you.

the deKorne family said...

really cute pumpkins! and cute pic of the two kiddos in the stuffed animals. you are so lucky to have such young, active, and artistic grandparents. :) glad the pumpkin bars turned out. i've heard mixed reviews. :)

April Gann said...

Such a festive, fun family! And I think your pumpkin turned out very well, but looks like Lee and Kim are pros! Love the pic of the three of them...can't wait for more.

The Thebeaus said...

I am so impressed by the pictures that you get of all three kids actually looking at the camera and sometimes even all smiling! What is the trick?! Love the pumpkins!