Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just some ordinary stuff...

Making pancakes with Daddy on Saturday morning (notice Elmo on TV in the background and Big Bird and Cookie Monster on the counter...she LOVES her Sesame Street friends right now!)...
My cute, blue eyed, shaggy haired, five-year-old...
I love the little flips in Nattie's hair now. People still think she's a boy (mostly the elderly...why is this??)...but I think she is beautiful (I'm not biased or anything...ha!). I told her this morning that she was gorgeous (because every one-year-old needs an ego boost) and all day she has been saying "gorgeous" in her cute baby voice.
Playing outside this morning waiting for Benny to get home from pre-K...I love how she is waving to her own shadow in the bottom left picture.
Another attempt at getting all three of them to look and smile at the same time...we are slowly but surely improving! :) At least nobody is crying in this one!
Just wanted to document this one mostly for myself...but one of my favorite things about Nattie right now is how her speech is developing. She still isn't putting a lot of words together yet, but she is starting to more and more. For the past month or so, whenever we say "love you" to her she responds back with a "luh you" to us. It is the cutest thing and makes me smile every time. I also love when we get a "pease" (please) and "tank you" (thank you).
Finally, a Benny story...the other night he and Nattie were taking a bath together and I walked out of the room to put jammies on Andy (don't worry...I check on them frequently and Ben would tell me if anything bad was happening...trust me). Well, I heard water being poured OUT of the tub (which is a common occurrence with these two). I yelled in there and said for them to STOP splashing water out of the tub. I walked in to find about 10 gallons on the floor and Ben said "Mom, I'm sorry, but Nattie encouraged me to do this." I asked him how so, and he said "She dumped a whole cup of water on the floor first and that encouraged me to do it too." Nice...well then, I guess that makes it ok....and what five year old uses the term "encouraged" anyway?

4 comments:

the deKorne family said...

that story made me laugh out loud! she is gorgeous...and andy is so so so cute! you have better pics of your three than i do and i've had 7 months to practice!

Katie said...

Nattie is at my favorite age. Love it. And people always thought Lucy was a boy. Always. It's the hair I think. (And you're right about the elderly.)

Abby said...

You are a blogging machine lately! Love that last picture of the three of them...all your babes are cute and really do look more alike now! Can't wait to see them! Love you!

The Samsons said...

Ava was the one that got the "he's so cute" comments, and look at her now...hair down her back!! Nattie is adorable, as are the boys :) I love how Ben blamed Nattie's encouragement. great story