Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Crazy, lazy, happy, busy, tired...

I feel like all of those words describe life these days...sometimes we're lazy, sometimes we're busy...sometimes we're happy and tired and crazy all in the same moment...but I wouldn't have it any other way. I've never been happier than I am right now. :) Life feels full and I feel blessed.

Just as a warning...since I'm home all day, every day, with my munchkins I take an obsessive amount of pictures (like you hadn't figured this out yet). I pretty much just carry my camera around with me all day. Anyway, this post is just another example of my addiction to documenting life with kiddos. I will never wonder, later in life, how we spent our days!

Doesn't she look so innocent and sweet loving on her little brother? Well, she is a sweetie one minute and a little devil the next...but that's what makes her so cute (and funny)...in my humble opinion.
In case you didn't get enough of Andy's smile in my last post...here's some more! This morning (at the crack of dawn before Nattie even woke up!) his big brother was making him giggle out loud. Andy was making some cooing sounds and Ben got so excited because he SWORE Andy's first word was "Ben!" :)
These next few pictures are for my sweet friend from work, Lynne . She made each of my kiddos these warm fleece blankets. We love them and we love her too!
I promise Andy likes his blanket...but, alas, the stars did not align and allow me to capture three kids smiling and looking at the same time...oh well.
We stayed in our jammies most of the day today and played in the basement. Doesn't cowboy Ben look tough with his gun and hat and doggie pj's?? :) Then there is cowgirl...who preferred the Mickey hat over the cowboy hat. :)
Ben decided to line up all of the doggie stuffed animals we own (insane!). If you are someone who frequently brings my children gifts (hint, hint...great-grandmas)...please notice that we DO NOT need anymore dog stuffed animals...or any type of stuffed animal, for that matter...ever again...ever. Your love is all we need...for real...I'm serious. :)
Nattie (and Ben) have a new love for Nutella and the top left picture if proof all over Nat's face. We had never tried it before but saw it by the peanut butter when we were grocery shopping. I had read that it was a healthy treat that kids like, so we gave it a whirl. All this week Ben has been asking for the chocolate peanut butter sandwiches...if it tastes like candy and it's healthy...I'm all for it!
Have I mentioned that I love him? He is the calm during my day (except for when I'm trying to get ready...then he decides to scream bloody murder...go figure?!).
I know this is ridiculous...pigtails on my little girl when she still barely has any hair. It is FINALLY starting to grow though and she is all about looking pretty, so I convinced her to sit still long enough for me to try this. I don't think she'll be wearing this look out yet...but it made me smile and she thought she was hot stuff. She walked up to Ben and said "pretty"...like, check me out! :) (By the way, she isn't naked in this picture...she has on a diaper...it just doesn't look like it!)
Only as a joke...I saw this devil mask (see below) in the $1 bins at Target and had to get it (and a Frankenstein mask for Ben). Like I said, she is a sweetie pie one minute and a little devil baby the next. Just a few examples of her crazy devilish behavior over the last day....

- As I was writing an email to friends yesterday, Ben yelled from the kitchen. Nattie was standing on the kitchen table swinging the light fixture and simultaneously dumping her milk all over his plate full of food.

- When I was on the phone yesterday afternoon, for literally two minutes, I heard Nattie doing something in the laundry room. I found her squirting Windex all over herself (including her face!). She smelled like a shiny, clean, window. Wonderful parenting, Ali!

I realize most of this stuff is normal toddler behavior (hitting Ben, getting in the crib with Andy, and the shenanigans above)...but Ben was SO different...so I feel like I'm experiencing and dealing with this stuff for the FIRST time! Oh...and her favorite word....you guessed it...NO! I bet she says it at a minimum...100 times a day.

Finally, just wanted to share a few of Ben's recent funnies/accomplishments. Yesterday, we were talking about his Halloween costume and I told him I thought he should wear the hat that went with the costume. He disagreed and replied by saying, "Mom, I am not wearing that helmet. If you make me wear it, I will personately remove it from my head!" Yes, you read that right, PERSONATELY (he meant personally). I love when he tries to talk like an adult and gets it wrong.

Oh..and in terms of Ben's most recent and severely delayed accomplishment...he's finally wiping his own rear (sometimes). He, apparently, has had a phobia of getting poo on his hands...even his own. I'm glad we are slowly but surely overcoming this fear because the yelling from the bathroom ("MOM, COME WIPE MY BUTT!") was really getting old.

Wow..this was long and probably a bit boring...but it's my life and I love it. :)

7 comments:

Nana Kim said...

These pictures are great. Keep posting because it makes my day!

beth said...

i agree with kim, you and your little family make me smile every time i read your posts. andy is adorable and seems to be so sweet can't wait to meet him.

Abby said...

This post made me laugh as much as your email...the crazy/happy/tired/busy comes through in everything you write lately and I love it. One week...eeee! Love you.

Grammy said...

Way to go, Andy, that you already can say "Ben"!? If you turn out half as precocious or chatty as your big brother, won't life be fun in the Moser house? Love all your pictures, Ali...Nattie's pigtails are cute however tiny...give her a couple more months and you'll be putting braids in her hair, maybe? Have lots of fun with all your friends next weekend!

P.S. We need to start calling that little girl an "angel" instead of "devil baby"...you know, self-fulfilling prophesying and all!?

Carrie said...

love your life ali! thanks for sharing all the funny stories!

Katie said...

Love your posts! They always make me smile. Natalie's pigtails are great! Maybe they could resemble little horns?? KIDDING! I think it's good she has some spunk being in the middle of two brothers.

Jackie said...

So much fun reading all your post! Cute Nattie hair! Adorable baby Andy! And you guys look like you could start your own doggie kennel...that is insane.