Friday, October 15, 2010

And the ordinary stuff continues...

They love their little brother and both really like to hold him (even Ben, as of late). Ben talks to Andy in a high pitched baby voice that makes me laugh and calls him "Andster". Whenever Nattie wants to hold Andy she says what sounds like "toon" and I have no idea why. :) I have discovered that this is, perhaps, the only time during the day when she sits still, so I'm all for it.
Ben can read! He is doing a GREAT job sounding out words and has been showing more of an interest in reading lately. We have a LeapFrog video and book set that he is practicing with. It is so fun to watch him get excited when he figures out a word!
I don't have any idea why these two would be interested in taking pictures?? I gave them my old camera this week and it's been a hit. Nattie walks around saying "cheese" to everyone and Ben takes pretend pictures of Nattie and says things like "Oh, what a great photo!" (Jenny, when I read your blog post about Emma and her love for the camera I realized we must both be a little picture happy!)
This is what my almost 7 week old was doing this morning at 7 am...even after I had to WAKE him from his slumber so we could take Daddy to the hospital. He slept through the night for the very first time last night (total fluke...I'm sure!). Mike had a minor surgery done on his wrist this morning (to remove a cyst).
I'm sure I will get yelled at for putting this picture on the blog, but the blue surgical hat thing made me laugh...a lot. The surgery went well and hopefully he'll be using his arm again soon!
Finally, because I love their faces...here they are again, my kids.

5 comments:

Nana Kim said...

Michael, you look just like your dad in the blue hat! Not sure if that is a compliment or not?

the deKorne family said...

that surgical cap looks way better on mike than it did on me! maybe he will be on a billboard! :) andy is SO cute and i feel like he has his own look-adorable! impressive that ben can read and i can't wait to see nat in action. :)

Abby said...

I get to hold that baby today. :)

Ben and Erin said...

Those 3 adorable faces are just too cute. :) I love Ben and Natalie's love and enthusiasm for taking pictures too. So fun! Way to go Ben on reading too!

Diane said...

Ali, Only you would take a camera to the hospital! Andy is adorable-so anxious to meet him. Got to see little Emma this weekend with your mother visiting--it was fun to see how she has grown up. Thanks for the wonderful blog sharing!