Monday, October 18, 2010

Friendship and a sugar high...

These are the faces of my best friends. We spent our college days at TU together and we've made it a priority to get together every year, even if only for a short weekend. It's just a special kind of friendship we have....one based on loyalty, commitment, and sharing the ups and downs of life. We're not really a bunch you'd hand pick to be friends, but somehow God brought us together and has allowed our friendships to grow over the last 13 years. We spent this past weekend together at my house and I LOVED having my friends around.

April, Abby, Me
Heidi, Jenny
This is why I love these people...they make me laugh. I'm pretty sure Mike thought we were total weirdos. I couldn't really disagree.
We made and ate an obnoxious amount of food in a 36 hour timeframe and I'm pretty sure I'm still on a sugar high... apple crisp, pecan pie, pumpkin chocolate chip bars, monkey muffins, white chili, baked ham sandwiches and a meal out to eat at Winking Lizard. It was good fall food and so YUMMY (Why did you all leave me with the leftovers? I am STILL eating!)!
The littlest babies of the bunch hung out with us too. Doesn't Reese have the cutest little smile? (Thanks to all the daddies who watched the big kids and to Nana too!)
Natalie holding the babies. How is it that she is the big girl already?!
We spent most of the weeked in our pajamas. We did manage to get dressed around 4:30 on Saturday and head to TJ Maxx for a three hour shopping spree. It was the only time we left my house (other than Winking Lizard on Friday night after we picked Abby and Jenny up from the airport). It's so fun to be lazy and just talk and laugh...oh..and did I mention...eat??
Thanks for making the trek to Ohio, friends. I'm so thankful for each of you! LOVE you!

12 comments:

Abby said...

Haha, I'm first! Probably because your blog is the only one you don't get to before me... :)

I loved baking and eating and shopping and taking terribly weird pictures together all weekend. So thankful for our friendship all these years. And for Heidi's recipe collection (yum). LOVE YOU!

Nana Kim said...

I am so glad you have such wonderful friends. I think that is so awesome to hang out all weekend and cook and eat and shop!!

Nana Kim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

Like I told Abby, what sweet friends! Love your pictures. And your food sounded delish.

Mom said...

All your friends look great, Ali. You all know how to spend a weekend--in your jammies with lots of food! So glad you had a relaxing fun time re-uniting!

MP said...

this looks like so much fun. the babies are getting so big. The food is making me hungry!!! :)

Adam, Jenny, Emma, and Audrey said...

I love all of the pictures of you and your friends. It is so nice that you have such special people in your life! The food looks delicious. I hope you are planning on cooking all of that when we come to visit!

Katie said...

There is nothing like your girlfriends! So necessary. Glad you had a fun weekend. The food collage had me drooling!!! YUM!

the deKorne family said...

you were totally the hostest with the mostest. and the hostest whose the cleanest. :) thanks for being so wonderful, definitely one of our most fun times ever! miss you dearly-thank you thank you!

the deKorne family said...

hostest??? what is wrong with me??? :) hosTESS!

April Gann said...

I thought Heidi wrote, you are the "HOTTEST." Which would have been awesome! I love you. I love being at your house. I love your family. I love our friendship. I love that you always post SO many pictures. I love how much we laughed. I love that we have so much more of this to come....

Erin and Josh said...

Ah! winking lizard! so jealous... my favorite. :) glad you guys had such a good time. nothing better than food and friends!!