Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Trip to NH (5) - Everything else!

This is the last post about vacation...I promise! I had over 400 pictures, so you can only imagine how difficult picking and choosing was! I don't know how I ended up taking that many! :) Anyway, just one last post to summarize everything else!

Our drive out to NH was LONG, but fun, until the last 30 minutes or so. Ben decided that the really curvy, hilly, two lane highway we had been on for "Lord only knows how long" was making him sick. He said, "I'm gonna throw up." We just looked at him and said, "really?" I really thought he might be joking (wouldn't be the first time). Well, he wasn't....before we could give him anything to throw up into...up came the grilled cheese, french fries, granola bar, pancakes...and anything else that was in his stomach from the day. AWESOME! Luckily it was contained to the front of him and his carseat. We had to pullover and take the entire carseat apart, take off all his clothes and then put him on a bare carseat, wrapped in a blanket, for the rest of the trip. I hate to say it, but we were all just cracking up. Ben felt fine at that point and it was just funny. :) Then...to top it off...Mike got pulled over about 10 minutes later. Luckily the cop showed pity on us when we told him about the barf incident...plus I think he caught a wiff when Mike rolled down his window. HA! Mike had to go to Walmart and buy him a new carseat as soon as we got there. :)
My naked man after "the incident"...he looks sad, but he really was just "fine and dandy" once it all came up. :)
Just some final random pictures...mostly from our time eating out in the evenings....we ate at some really good restaurants and had a TON of ice cream throughout the week. I'm full just thinking about all the food. :)
Last, but not least, a short video of my crazy boy singing the Frito Bandito song in the car on the way home from one of our hikes. Papa and Nana taught it to him. He makes me laugh. :)
Ok...I'm done...I swear. :)

6 comments:

Katie said...

Okay....do you remember your comment on my blog recently that I take more pictures than anyone you know?? Was that excluding yourself???? ;o) I loved all the gorgeous scenery, cute family shots, and fun commentary about the trip. Made me feel like I was there! I was laughing so hard over the whole barf incident that Jay called up the stairs to ask me what was so funny. The Frito Bandito song is great, too. And I will again back my statement up that I have never seen a bad shot of you. You always look so cute, even hiking! So unfair!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks great in the Moser family! What a back-drop for your 400+ photo shoot! (God is quite the artist, isn't He?) I'm glad Ben was well-behaved and had so much fun up all those mountains. Loved the frito bandito! See you soon in Michigan!

the cunningham family said...

It looks like you had an awesome time on your trip! The scenery was gorgeous to look at. I love the mountains, lakes, etc. I really felt like I was there with you! I do agree with Katie, you take more pics than anyone I know! The carseat thing had me cracking up. That has happened to us. Smart move on buying a new one, not worth the hassle of cleaning it! At least that incident most likely got Mike out of a ticket! That is hilarious. You have the perfect little family, I love it! Hiking looks like so much fun and you get to do it together, how neat! :) Loved the song too!

MP said...

poor Ben! What a sad incident the last little bit of the trip. Overall, it looks like you guys had such a great time! NH looks like a gorgeous place to visit. I love all the scenery pictures. Thanks for sharing!!

the deKorne family said...

I don't know. I think it looks a lot like Wadsworth.

Ben and Erin said...

I enjoyed all the pictures. Your scenic ones are really good! It looks beautiful. I was laughing at how long your post was too! :) It's hard though after vacation to pick just a couple...I understand that! Anyway, we loved the video of Ben singing. Ben and I were both laughing. He is just the cutest! So much personality! :)