Monday, August 25, 2008

Random happenings...

Mike and I were in our bedroom getting ready to go out to eat on Saturday night when we hear Ben yelling from the other room "help me, help me!" Well, I hate to say it, but he says these words all of the time and 99% of the time he "needs help" with something that he is FULLY capable of doing himself...so, like good parents, we ignored him. Well his "help me" turned into him yelling "problems, problems, problems!" So, we decided to check in on him....this is what we found....
In case you were wondering....that's a tub of vasoline....and yes...it's up to his elbows...all over his shorts...and on my recliner. When we asked him what in the world he was doing he said "it was making a popping noise when I stuck my hands down in it." Oh, well, that explains it then?! :)
And now some more normal behavior from my son...snuggling with Dad on the couch on Sunday afternoon. I just like the way he crosses his legs and puts his hands behind his head. (Oh..and we are making some good progress on potty training which is why he's always pictured in just undies!)
In case anyone thought my husband was normal....here is proof...he's not. :)
My cutie pie posing as a farmer at Bauman Orchards.

10 comments:

Ben and Erin said...

The vasoline story is hilarious!! Ben and I were laughing so hard at your pictures and story! Ben is just too funny and cute! :)

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Who said Mike was normal? I think it is funny that as parents we can't wait to see our kids walk, talk, and play etc... but as we were warned, all those things lead to busy kids making messes. It could have been worse than vasoline though I guess. Take care guys-

MP said...

hahah..i was laughing out loud, "problems, problems.." so funny!!!

Katie said...

He is such a character! That is definately a new one, and being a teacher and former daycare teacher I've seen a lot of messes! Between that story and Mike's "normal" picture I was cracking up!! Loved the Michigan pics, too. Jackie's twins are soooo cute! Hope you are feeling well and buying some new Vasoline for the next little one's tush! =o)

Anonymous said...

Ali, just don't let him put it in his hair. Courtney and I put an entire container of vasoline in Hayley's hair long ago and it took my a couple weeks to get it all out.

the cunningham family said...

That is hilarious! I love the whole story. I also love that he was yelling "problems, problems"! Too funny! Don't you love 3 year olds and their thoughts? Colin is doing/saying the funniest things, and you just wonder where it comes from. I also love the "normal" pic of Mike too! How are you feeling? :)
Looks like you had an awesome trip to Michigan too. You had such a busy summer with all of your trips!

Anonymous said...

Love this story Ali! My niece put Vaseline in her hair and I ditto the comment about it taking weeks to come out!!

The Samsons said...

Thanks for your comment. We have the CD but have yet to listen to it, so we will if you like it!

I check in on you guys as well! Your son is so cute. Megan told me this story on the phone, and we were both laughing out loud. "Problems, problems" haha!

Abby said...

I read this post while Kyle was asleep in bed next to me and I was trying so hard not to wake him up with my laughing and shaking of the bed! I love Ben's logic. And yippee on the potty training progress! Is Ben doing preschool this year? Ashlyn starts next Monday {gasp}!

Anonymous said...

hi buddy, lets get those undies off, smear a bunch of that Vaseline on your bumhole and see how much of mycock you can take, should be at least 4" my nephew took 2" at 11 mths DAMN he was tight