Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Guess what?

I'm pregnant! :) I've been waiting a long time to announce it, officially, on the blog and the time is finally right. We are so, so, so excited to be expecting baby #2 at the end of January. I am almost 16 weeks now. I was waiting to announce it here until I had told my extended family, in person, during our trip to Michigan this past several days. Now that they all know...it's your turn! :)

Ben is excited (even though I'm not sure he totally gets it)! When I ask what he thinks I'm having, it's always a girl. I asked him what he thinks we should name her and without hesitation he said, "Louise." Louise...seriously?? I have NO idea where he came up with that name. I can't think of anyone we know with that name or one character in a book or movie. Guess he must have heard it somewhere?! I hate to break it to him, but there will NOT be a Louise Moser joining our family! We'll have to come up with something else! Ha! :) (Sorry if that name is at the top of your baby name list!)

Anyway, I've already had several ultrasounds, so just thought I'd share a picture of little Moser below. This was when I was about 11 weeks along, so according to all my BabyCenter.com updates, the baby was about the size of a fig in this picture. :) Today, he/she is the size of an apple.
This is the best I can do for a picture of my baby today. Just imagine an apple with a head, arms and legs. :) I have another appointment next week, so maybe I'll have another pic to share soon?!
Thank you, Jesus, for allowing us to have another little person to love!! We can't wait!

12 comments:

the cunningham family said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! Two is so much fun! 3 years or so is the perfect amount of time in between them too. Ben can be such a helper, it's great! When we told Colin about me being pregnant, he wanted a sister, always wanted a girl too. And, to top Louise, he (Colin) wanted to name it McQueen! Love it! Congrats again! I can't wait to watch/hear you through this wonderful phase of your life. (When are you coming to IL, I think you would be the cutest pregnant girl to see!)

the deKorne family said...

:).

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled I can't even put it into words! The best thing in life is grandchildren (and children of course)

The Sommermeyers said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We're so excited for you!!

Abby said...

I'm so glad your secret is finally out! Could not be more thrilled for you guys.

Louise is actually at the top of our middle name list, as it's a family name on both sides. That's why I told you to tell Ben we'd use it! :)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! Congrats Ali! Can't wait for your number 2 to arrive!

Ben and Erin said...

Congratulations Mosers!! Yeah! We are thrilled for your family and can't wait to see pictures and hear all the stories about your new little one and Ben. :) I'll be praying for you and your little one as he/she continues to grow.

Katie said...

YEAH!!!! I am SO happy for you guys!!! Annie told me the news today when she and the boys were over trying out our slip n' slide. I hadn't read your blog yet so she spilled the beans. That is awesome news. I know through Beth how much you yearned for another little one, and you two produce too cute of offspring to stop at one! I am sure Ben will be a great big brother to Louise -er- Baby Moser! Are you finding out the gender? Keep us posted! Looking forward to lots of fun and sweet baby news...I'll just get my baby fix through you since I don't think we could quite manage two just yet. =o)

MP said...

congratulations!! So exciting!!! I am sure that Ben will be a great helper and a great big brother.

ZFam said...

CONGRATS!!! Babies are one of the most exciting things on earth! I just love 'em all to pieces! And, I bet little Ben is going to be a great BIG brother to his new little brother or sister!

Hope you're feeling well!

Erin and Josh said...

congratulations!! yay...baby #2 on the way. So happy for you guys!

Abby said...

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!!! I'm SO excited for you Ali! I can't wait to keep reading about your cute pregnant self and this fabulous God-given journey. Yay! I'll be praying :)