Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wagon ride and some other stuff...

Ben really wanted to pull Nat in the wagon this week. It was all fun until he decided it would be a good idea to pull her full speed down our fairly steep driveway straight toward the street. Luckily, she survived and enjoyed it...most of the time. :)
Searching in the mulch for "rolly polly" bugs...
Just had to showcase Nattie's new flower headband. She might be wearing these darn headbands for a bit longer since she still has minimal hair and is frequently referred to as a "cute little guy." :)
Finally, a quick Benny story...Lately he's been having a little trouble with the whole "obey your parents" thing and this day, in particular, he had been a real pain in the rear...with one thing after another. Well, it was the end of the day and he and Nattie were in the tub. There was a bar of soap up high on the ledge and I told him not to touch it. Next thing I know he's got it and is rubbing his eyes screaming and freaking out that "it's burning!" I was irritated and pulled him out of the tub to get him ready for bed. In his crying, burning eye fit he said..."Mom...I'm sorry. I've done hundreds of sins today!" I wanted to start laughing and tell him it was more like 10-15...but I didn't. :) He said, "But we are all sinners, right?" I told him we were and that, as a Christian, we are already forgiven, but that it is always good to ask for forgiveness when we know we've done wrong. He said a prayer before bed to ask Jesus to forgive him for all his sins. I told him that tomorrow was a new day and he could start fresh. He just makes me laugh...even when he is being a booger!

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Awww, what a sweet little forgiven sinner Ben is...and I love how you color-coordinate Nattie's pacis with the red wagon, etc. She is adorable with those "darn" headbands! Hugs from Grammy!

Abby said...

Natalie is getting prettier and prettier! Just love her face. And I just love your Ben stories...he is so smart, I love hearing how he puts things together! Love you guys.

MP said...

natalie is gorgeous! seriously- mike better get ready for the boys that will come her way!!! And of course Ben is also such a looker--and like your friend abby said--such a smart little guy! :):)