Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Preschool performance and Pops...

This week is Ben's last week of preschool in the 4/5's class. He had his end-of-year program today and it is always so cute to see all the little people perform. He kept up his tradition of singing a few songs with real gusto and then standing silently for others while playing a mean air guitar. He's a nut and makes me smile. He's about a foot shorter than all his classmates...even the girls. We decided not to send him to kindergarten in the Fall. We're going to send him to pre-k instead and give him one more year to mature a bit more.
In other news, my poor Dad fell yesterday and broke his wrist pretty badly. He has to have surgery tomorrow and a cast for quite awhile following. We felt so bad for him, so Benny made him a card. The front of the card is a picture of Ben and Pops. Pops is sporting a lovely blue cast. I asked Ben what he wanted to say inside the card and he decided on "Sorry you fell." :) Very creative...ha ha....but cute nonetheless. He also asked me to draw a heart balloon on the card to make Pops feel better. Dad, we hope the surgery goes well and you feel better soon. Love you!

4 comments:

Abby said...

I love that he played air guitar!! Cute cards, too--I'm sure your dad will feel much better because of them :)

the deKorne family said...

that might be the cutest card i've ever seen! sorry to al for the injury. glad ben isn't going to kindergarten. i don't think i could emotionally handle that. :) love you! and your sweet babies too!

Abby said...

Ben is a very cute nut. :) Hope your dad is feeling better in no time!

It Couldn't Be Better said...

I am L-O-V-I-N-G the name you posted for your baby. Andy is cute and simple. A strong name, for a strong boy! I can't wait to see his little face. I hope you are feeling well!