Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Special gifts...

Our families are always so kind and generous at Christmas and, of course, we LOVED all of the presents we received, but I wanted to post about a few, specifically, because they are really special!

Mike's parents really surprised me this year by giving me a book made from my blog. Anyone who faithfully updates a blog should look into this. I know my kids are going to love looking at it and reading what I thought of them someday! It's like a yearbook...hardbound, thick glossy pages and every one of my posts, from the beginning, up through mid-December, was included! It was such a thoughtful gift. I included the website on the collage below if you are interested in checking out the consultant's site. My mother-in-law said she was great to work with. :)
So, Mike walked into the house this evening to find me sitting in the living room (kids were in bed) dressing and undressing Natalie's new Bitty Baby and taking pictures of her. He was laughing and said I was weird...I didn't deny it. :) My mom MADE all of these cute little doll clothes to fit the doll baby she bought Natalie for Christmas. Aren't they so cute? I just love that they are handmade by her. They will be so fun for Nattie to play with! I did tell my mom that I was mad at her for not passing on her awesome sewing skills to her daughter.
I told my mom recently that Nattie will NOT leave a bib on. As soon as you put it on her, she rips it off. The velcro kind just haven't worked for my little Houdini. Anyway, my mom always had cloth bibs that tie around the neck for us growing up, and I knew Nattie couldn't get that kind off, so I asked her if she would make me some for Christmas. I know many people don't like cloth bibs because they don't wipe clean as easily and they don't have the little pouch for catching food, but I love them and I'm just glad she can't get them off!

3 comments:

Molly Wilkey said...

The book of your blog looks awesome! What a wonderful gift. I love that you were giving Mike a Bitty Baby fashion show. Natalie will have so much fun with those clothes over the years. Grandma Fever made us American Girl doll clothes when we were kids. We loved them!

Katie said...

Just caught up on your Christmas posts. So fun! I am insanely jealous of that beautiful blog book and am going to start hinting like crazy to whomever will listen that it would make a great future gift!!! Your mom is so talented. I love the pictures of the outfits and the bibs, and the story about you dressing them up. Glad you all had a good holiday together.

Abby said...

What an awesome gift from Kim and Lee...I know you'll treasure that forever. (Drop a hint to Nate, ok?)
And your mom always amazes me with her sewing. Natalie is lucky to have such beautiful clothes for her baby doll!