Monday, January 31, 2011

Nattie girl is two!

My spunky, silly, cute, funny, sweet little girl turned two years old on Friday. After having Benny I thought, for sure, I'd be the mom of all boys. So, when God gave me Nat I was pretty surprised, but so excited for the adventure of raising and loving a little girl. She is wild and has given me some gray hairs already (who else could be responsible for the growing gray taking over my head?!), but oh how I love her. I just think she is so precious....even when she does things like take her bowl of half eaten mac-n-cheese and smear it all over the TV and carpet in the living room (last week)...or when she climbs in Andy's crib and totally traumatizes him by sticking her fingers in his mouth when he's sound asleep....or when she locks the garage door for fun and I don't realize it until I'm locked out with no key at 9 pm and all three kids are asleep, ALONE, inside. She is crazy...but I love it and I'm so happy she's been in my life for two whole years.
Can you tell what the theme of her b-day bash was? Ah ha ha... The cake pops were a lot of work because of all the detail, but Nat's reaction was worth the effort. When she saw them she squealed and shouted "cake pops! eat it!" (and then she screamed bloody murder because I wouldn't let her have one until her party...mean mom!). The good thing is, any pops that I make from now own should be a breeze in comparison!

The pops are displayed in tins I purchased from the Target dollar bins. They were the perfect primary colors. I had the last minute idea to buy Nat her very own goldfish...appropriately named, Dorothy! She saw her sitting on the table and yelled "Dorfeeee!"
The best family picture we could pull off...

I LOVE the look on her face. This was when we were all singing happy birthday to her.
Party animal!
Just had to throw in a few of my little buddies. Andy was pretty darn cute in his party hat! I heard Ben yell for Kaylee..."Hey...let's go play unicorns!" Very creative use for your party hat, Benny!
Grammy and Pops gave Nat a wooden doll bunk bed that was mine when I was little. Grammy made the cutest bright colored bedding to go along with it (in true Grammy fashion!). Nattie seemed to think that the bunk bed was for HER to sleep in and she was way past her naptime, so she climbed right in. I think if the room hadn't been filled with family, she might have actually fallen asleep. :)
Some of the party people...Nat is very loved.
More family...I took more pictures of people with Andy than with Nat...but I think by this point she was fast asleep in her bed!
A girl can only party so hard...
Love you, baby...so glad you are MY girl!

11 comments:

The Sommermeyers said...

Love all the creative things you did for your Elmo/Sesame Street theme party!! Very cute!

Abby said...

You are amazing. What an adorable party! Those cake pops are incredible and I am jealous of your cake-related skills. So glad it was a fun celebration for you guys and especially your sweet little girl.

Happy birthday, Natalie! Love you!

the deKorne family said...

how, how, how, did youDO THOSE? you are seriously amazing. so glad she had a birthday! i always feel so guilty when i see your birthday posts! glad you had such a special day. :) she is beautiful! so thankful for her sweet life. (and andy looks so darling in that hat!)

Diane said...

What an adorable party table, Ali! I need to investigate these cake pops. Happy Birthday to Natalie! Also love the photos of Andrew--he is so cute...thinking about driving out there to meet him. (of course, after all the snow melts!)Love to all!

Katie said...

Happy birthday Nattie! Looks like it was a fun celebration. And I love the curls she's getting.

Matt and Abby said...

That was quite a party. And the cake pops were amazing! Way to go! Happy birthday Natalie!

April Gann said...

Happy Birthday, Nattie! What a way to celebrate! I think my favorite touch (besides the fantastic cake pops) is the "Party brought to you by the Letter N and the Number 2." And her curls....oh, her curls...Love you all, Moser fam!

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

I love your Natalie stories - loved your beginning paragraph, describing everything she gets into!! So glad she had a great birthday.

MP said...

happy birthday to your little girl!! I love love love all the creativity!! You will have to teach me how to do that. I seriously, want the recipe. You are so very talented!! :)

Katie said...

I am in AWE of the cake and those cake pops!!! So cute and creative! They look professional. My poor boys will never have a cake baked by Mommy. But they will thank me someday for that! Ha! Your stories at the top had me in stitches as usual. Esp. being locked out while they were all asleep inside?! She is a cutie pie. Glad she had a good bday. (And I know she looks like her daddy, but that pic of her laying on her tummy in the bunk bed looks like you. I think it's her expression.) :)

Dave, Ninny and Isla said...

You are my idol! Seriously. Did Cake Boss from the Food Network call you yet? If not, I'm sending a picture. I can't believe how big your little lady is. Happy birthday sweet girl.