Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sticks and stones...

...and tall beds break bones. My sweet little girl had her first visit to the ER today. :( She fell off our bed this morning and hurt her arm, wrist, hand (one of the three)...it's yet to officially be determined! All we really know is that she won't move her arm and is in a lot of pain. She had some x-rays but they didn't really show much. Apparently, it's really hard to see breaks in babies bones. We have to take her back to the hospital tomorrow morning for an orthopedic doc to do more x-rays and probably put a real hard cast on her little arm. I am hoping whatever happened to her heals quickly and doesn't curb her style too much! I'm also hoping, if a cast is an absolute necessity for her to feel better and heal, that it can be a cool, pink, waterproof cast.

Mike took the first two pictures below on his cell phone...sorry for the quality. Doesn't this just look so sad and pitiful? I was working when all of this happened and just wanted to leave and come hug and hold my little baby...
Back to happy Nat...
Here she is right now...snoozing away in our bed...

8 comments:

Carrie said...

oh ali ... so sad to see that first pick! i do hope the cast will be a cool one if she has to get one!

April Gann said...

Sweet little Natalie. So sorry, baby. Praying the trip back for more x-rays tomorrow goes well and ends with a great answer or at least a great cast. You are loved!

Abby said...

Oh, that is so pitiful! Precious baby girl. Hope whatever it is is minor, and that she's back to 100% soon!

Abby said...

Your poor, sweet girl! It must just break your heart to see her like that in pain! Praying she heals quickly and that it's nothing too serious.

The Thebeaus said...

Oh my gosh...that's so sad! Hopefully it's not too serious and she will be back to her old self soon!

Katie said...

Poor, sweet baby girl! I can't stand when my babies are sad or hurt; I am so sorry you were at work! Holden fell off our bed @10 mos. and had a bloody nose. A trip to the ER fortunately revealed that he was fine, but I remember how badly I felt! I will pray for things to go well tomorrow and for quick healing. I remember her Mommy having some pretty cool casts...stencils and nail polish, I think?! =)

Katie said...

poor baby. bless her itty heart. did she get a pink cast?

Diane said...

So sorry, little sweetie pie...the coordinated pink cast keeps me thinking of "Legally Blonde" for some reason! Ali, sorry to say but it will most likely be the first of many-each does get easier. Maybe she wanted to sympathize with Pops! Praying the 3weeks will go fast and that she will heal fine. Love you all!